Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

What does EFS stand for?

Emperor of the Fading Suns

Emperor of the Fading Suns, an ambitious (but flawed) turn-based strategy game set in the Fading Suns Universe. I loved the whole concept, background and space/planet game but it was undone by missing AI.

And bugs. So many bugs. It was so bad the late game was unplayable due to turns taking FOREVER. Patches mostly fixed this, but even with all the modding, it’s still problematic.

Hmm so Pax Nova is really good. Feels nice and expansive.

really? i have been reading the reviews, and it’s look like as many other 4x. Tell us please.

Its a bit Emperor of the Fading Suns in its scope. Lots of ground surface to explore, then you also get space to explore where it becomes a bit space 4x in scope with a small Alpha Centauri style game on each planet, its neat. You even get the nice indpednent colonies which you can develop a relationshop with for tech or even buy them out.

I even like the faction editors, its nice they give you so many peaceful options and very aggressive options.

Very good game which FEELS big you know? I guess I would compare it to a Microprose 4x game. It just feels like they put more into the game than they needed to. Its gloriously sprawling.

Biggest fictional downside is it has FTL travel which increasingly rubs me the wrong way in space games but that personal peeve aside its really good. I guess the negative mechanics wise is you hit enter to end turn a lot, but thats not really an issue as you usually are planning about whats next during any down turns.

I too am enjoying it, and I’ve not even gotten to space yet.

Hmm I wouldnt rush. I have been exploring for a while now and not found a colonizable planet. Forums say this maybe common. We shall see. I wouldnt mind restarting but if its a bug I would like it fixed. Damn fine game that aside though. I really like where its chosen to sit in the 4x scale and focus.

Does Pax Nova have a “Nuke it From Orbit” option?

Any thoughts on this, @BrianRubin ? Just showed up on GOG as well.

It’s still early days, but the early versions I’ve played have been fun.

Hey friends, welcome to another week of spacey gaming! This week is a one-off week, so I’ll be sharing videos of several pre-release and post-release games for y’all, starting with the epic-looking 4X, Pax Nova! I’ll also have videos coming up of Mini Gal4Xy, Fission Superstar X, Out of Space and more!

This week, there isn’t going to be a podcast at our usual time due to extenuating circumstances (Tuesday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), so I’ll likely use that time to do some more stream testing. Likely with Rage 2.

On this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer) we’ll be dying a LOT in Risk of Rain 2!

Thanks for being awesome as always, folks!

Cheers! Great update!

Thanks so much!

Welcome back to another week of spacey gaming, my friends! This week’s game is the fantastic spacey board game Settlers of Orion, from the same folks that brought us the amazing Star Fleet Armada: Rogue Adventures. I also have a video of the fascinating spacey shooter Fission Superstar X, and later this week I’ll have another video of Pax Nova and, if I have time, Descent: Freespace.

This week on the podcast (Tuesday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we welcome the folks from GreyWolf Entertainment to talk about their upcoming 4X game, Pax Nova.

On this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we return to our long-play game, Divinity: Original Sin.

Thanks for being awesome y’all.

Settlers of Orion sounds right up my alley, and $5 is well below my WTF threshold. Sold.

Yay, thank you!

Ty Brian for the Pax Nova stuff. Let’s see how that goes.

You’re welcome! I’m pretty positive on it.