Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Heh, high powered PCs. I do recall seeing that in the store.

And the screen saver software (on the Mac at least) that had said flying toasters was After Dark. Oh man, feels like a million years ago now.

That’s what the Platypus in Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is for.

@BrianRubin Have you done any podcasts about Aquanox Deep Descent? Thanks.

No, it isn’t a space game.

Makes you wonder wtf is going on with that game, it been almost a year without a kickstarter update post.

My friends, welcome to another busy week of space gaming. This week we again have two games of the week. We continue our look at the wonderful, WONDERFUL Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, as well as dive into the super fun crew management and exploration roguelike, Shortest Trip to Earth. We also have a preview of Delta V: Rings of Saturn, and I plan to plow through some more Descent: Freespace as the week progresses, to hopefully finish the campaigns by September, when we dedicate an entire month to Freespace 2. If I have more time and energy throughout the week, I’ll definitely make more videos, so stay tuned to the channel. :)

Moving on from pre-recorded content, here’s this week’s streaming schedule (please remember all times are Pacific):

• Monday - 8:00 AM-12:00 PM, Space Rangers HD stream.
  • Tuesday - 8:00 AM-12:00 PM, Jane’s Fighter’s Anthology stream. 5:00 PM - Podcast live broadcast, a discussion about managing the games we play.
  • Wednesday - 8:00 AM-12:00 PM, MechWarrior 3 stream.
  • Thursday - 8:00 AM-12:00 PM, Age of Wonders: Planetfall stream. 5:00 PM, LAN Party live broadcast, Pulsar: Lost Colony.
  • Friday - 8:00 AM-12:00 PM, Interstellar Rogue stream.

You can see all of our planned upcoming streams and events on our calendar, as always!

You can watch any of these streams on Twitch, YouTube, Mixer and Steam.

That should do it for this week y’all. Thanks so much for being wonderful, and I hope to see you in the streams or in the comments! Have a great week!

I did love the first two games along with SubCulture, one of the first games for my 3D accelerator.

I should probably stick this here as well:

Someone get @BrianRubin a towel, Everspace 2 announced.

And Kerbal Space Program 2 was also announced, but sadly @BrianRubin doesn’t like that one.

Busy morning for sure y’all!

Is there a trailer yet?

Meh. The first one was too difficult for me. I suck at the game. Plus I’ve come to the conclusion that I simply do not like roguelikes or (most) procedural generation.

The new one isn’t a roguelike.

Everspace the First is $4.99 at http://chrono.gg conveniently.

If you have never played a FPS space game.

And if you are a M & K person without a joystick and aren’t going to get one.

And if your computer had an integrated graphics card Intel UHD Graphics 620…

What game would you recommend that such a Luddite gamer should play?

3030 Deathwar Redux

Or Drox Operative