Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

It does have the look of “more is less” about it. Thanks @cicobuff

@BrianRubin I’m probably in the tiny minority, but I’d personally love to see some old-school combat flight sims. Feel free to choose the definition of old-school to be anything you want (so long as it’s post 1989). Not enough classic combat flight sim streamers IMO.

Also, underwater submersible sims.

I streamed some Jane’s Fighters Anthology the other day. Since it’s a request I’ll do it. I was gonna do 1942 Pacific Air War but it did NOT wanna work. My concern though is flight sims have a lot of downtime. But, again, since it’s a request, I’ll do it. ;)

Yeah, I was thinking of doing Subwar 2050.

How about Subnautica? It’s been described as a “NMS-alike”.

:runs-and-hides:

But seriously the next Aquanox. Maybe I am projecting my imagination but I am hoping it will be an open-ish world like IWar2 or Underrail.

Some more suggestions: EF2000, Red Baron 3D, Longbow 2, European Air War, Strike Commander, Falcon 3.

I finally hit on the right Google query to figure out what this game was.

It was called Rescue! and apparently Paramount came down hard enough on it to necessitate the removal of the ST:TNG sound effects.

3139326_orig

Apparently there’s a Java remake on Sourceforge but I haven’t played it yet.

http://rescue.sourceforge.net/

No. No way. Too scary. Nope.

• EF2000 - Can’t get to run on Windows 10.
  • Red Baron 3D - I’ll give it a shot.
  • EAW - Can’t get to run on Windows 10
  • Strike Commander - Maaayybe. I’ll see if it runs.
  • Falcon 3 - Not Falcon 4/BMS?

Strike commander is just dosbox.

Oh man, EAW! I suh-ucked at it, but it was so cool.

EF2000 Reloaded can run it well I think. The only tricky part is getting the files out of the 16-bit installer, but that can be done on 32-bit Windows, with Wine on linux, or using windows 3.11 on dosbox.

Those are good options too – just far more complex.

Well since EF2000 is my favorite sim ever, I’ll give getting its files out of its installer a shot.

They are both 3D games that support VR. That is about as similar as they get.

Since you’re not the first person to request Strike Commander, I not only got it up and running, but it works with my MIDI units. I’ll be streaming it next Tuesday. ;)

Now to try and get EF2000 working…

OMG YOU GUYS

EF2000 IS WORKING AAAGHGGGGGAGAAHHHHHHHH

So I followed this post:

Copied the files over from my CD, put the downloaded setup32.exe into the Game/GFXPLUS/3DFX directory and ran setup.exe. I dunno how, but after a few minutes, the old-style install program popped up and worked. After that, it just was a matter of installing EF2000 Reloaded, and it’s off to the races! YEAH!

I think I had to do the same thing to get X-Wing Alliance (disc version of course) installed on Windows 7.

That is fuckin’ awesome. Good for you Brian.

OH man yeah, I can believe it. Old games, man.

Right? Now time for some “light” reading.