Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Same as always

Friends, Trevor Sorensen needs testers for his updated version of the 1989 classic, Star Fleet II. If you’re interested, please email him directly at [email protected]. Thank you.

OMG I played the heck out of that game!

Hello my friends, and welcome to another fantastic week of spacey gaming! This week’s game of the week (and next week) is the amazing space exploration and combat game, Starcom: Nexus, which I am absolutely loving. In terms of space exploration in a game, this is right up there with Starflight, Noctis and Distant Worlds as the top of the top. It’s so great, y’all.

Moving on from pre-recorded content, here’s this week’s streaming schedule (please remember, all times are Pacific):

• Monday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force stream.
  • Tuesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Volcanoids stream. 4:00 PM - Whenever, Mobile space games podcast stream.
  • Wednesday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Curator Curiosities stream. Today’s games will be Adam: Robot World, Deadliest Catch: The Game and Outbuddies.
  • Thursday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Far Cry 5 co-op stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM Generation Zero LAN party stream.
  • Friday - 9:00 AM-12:00 PM, Mass Effect 2 stream.

You can see all of our planned upcoming streams and events on our calendar, as always!

You can watch any of these streams on Twitch, YouTube and several other locations.

Finally, in written content, this week’s discussion topic has me thinking about my my dire need for at least SOME focus in games. In this week’s gaming check-in, I am totally shocked by my reaction to a game from 2013.

That’s it for this coming week y’all. Hope y’all have a lovely week, and I hope I’ll see y’all in a stream or in comments somwhere!

Brian, any thoughts on SpaceBourne?

Fan-fucking-tastic, even in early access. It’s gonna be something special once it’s done.

Thank you! Bought!

Does it have Matt Damon?

Does it really need Matt Damon?

Thanks for the tips Brian, wishlisted both games (SpaceBourne and Starcom).

Always happy to help.

That’s true, it could be Jeremy Renner too.

Alert! Alert! Distant Worlds 2 news incoming soon!

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4138127&mpage=17&#4732275

HYPE ALERT! HYPE ALERT! SET CONDITION HYPE!

Holy crap.

the crap is, indeed, holy. I’m excited.

But… but… I still haven’t even launched Distant Worlds: Universe.

I would contribute to a DW2 Kickstarter if it has a goal of decipherable fonts.

hahaha no kidding!

Distant Worlds 2 teaser:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4732812

Some thoughts on this!

• So basically they have been working on this since DW:U was released on Steam 5 years ago.
  • 3D assets! Is this the Matrix archon engine?
  • The ships look like they have animated thrusters.
  • Ships also look like they are modular? Could it be what you put on the ship in the designer shows up on the actual ship? That would be awesome!
  • Hints that planets have proper day/night cycles as they rotate?
  • At least the planets seem they will look much more dynamic with storms and weather flowing across them.
  • Colonies on planets?! - can you build and establish them?
  • New UI feature that draws a line from the unit in the taskbar to the one on screen.
  • Scale is very different to DW1 where your spaceport would be the size of the planet!

Hi everyone,

We’ve been working on a new Distant Worlds game for more than four years now and we thought it was time to start giving you a peek at the journey we’ve been on.

Please note that the screenshot included here is not from a final, polished release build so will in places include some unfinished areas and placeholder art. There is much that is still subject to change between our current development build and the release.

This first peek is just a teaser to whet your appetite and to draw your attention to the fact that we are going to start talking more about where we’re going over the coming weeks and months.
What you see below shows a view taken from just behind the night side of a Mortalen Rocky Desert Planet, Shaom Hee 6. On the dark side, you can see some lights from the Mortalen colony below. On the light side, you can see a small storm in the atmosphere above the world, as well as a Medium Space Port and a variety of ships coming and going, carrying cargo or colonists, or guarding the area against pirates or other intruders. The snippet of interface in the bottom shows the planetary bodies, ships and stations at this location and is an easy way to navigate what’s within your view. Note that this is a cropped screenshot and there is much more that is not shown.

With that said, we think the image itself conveys a good bit of new information and we’ll leave it there for now so that you can discuss.

Most importantly, we do plan to show more and speak about where Distant Worlds is going in more detail in our Home of Wargamers Twitch live stream event on December 19th, around Noon US Eastern time / 5PM UK time, so please tune in then for some more information. I will also be participating in the Twitch chat during the live stream to answer questions.

We appreciate your interest in Distant Worlds and we hope you enjoyed this first brief teaser.