Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

This was on sale on Xbox Live Gold this week, it’s been on my wishlist forever, so I finally got it.

I played through the first five missions that take place in the first area, and I’m really digging it so far. It’s nice to play a linear arcade space sim, and it works fairly well with this controller scheme too.

Though I have to say, when I had to invert the controls in the space sim, I was really shaking my head. For god’s sake, us inverted control people don’t even get to have our controls inverted by default in a space sim? Come on!

Glad you’re enjoying it regardless. It’s pretty fun!

Just play Strike Suit Zero

Weird delayed flex but okay.

I do this at the gym quite often

@BrianRubin - NOT a space game, but I watched your stream on Yakuza - Like a Dragon and I was giggling enough to inspire me getting it whenever I can find a decent deal. Well, all except the lack of a “take all” button - this is 2021, inventory management people. Be better.

God yeah it needed a take all button but that’s a one and done sitch so it apparently won’t be an issue again. It’s so great.

Mr. @BrianRubin , any thoughts on these two games?

Nope, haven’t had a chance to touch 'em.

The Slipways demo was fun. It’s more puzzly, but satisfying to expand your network in a manner very reminiscent to colonization in Star Ruler 2. Just, without all the 4x.

That sounds pretty interesting. Thanks!

What’s better than three factions, er, nations? Five Nations. Has a demo. Looks interesting.

Uh oh

MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION

The developers describe the content like this:

The game contains explosions of space ships and blood is spilled when biological creatures are killed.

Five Nations is fucking awesome. If you miss Star Trek: Armada or Conquest: Frontier Wars, get this shit.

Now that made me want to play Conquest: Frontier Wars again.

Not a god damned thing wrong with that.

I just stumbled across Open Imperium Galactica. I know Brian is a huge fan of the original series. Has anyone played this free fan-made version?

I’m especially curious about the victory conditions. Do you have to conquer every planet in the galaxy? Is there a shortcut to victory once it seems assured?

Also, is it real-time or turn-based? I’ve seen it described both ways. From videos, it seems mostly real-time.

Finally, is the original better than this remake? Or should I be playing IG2?

I’ve toyed with OIG and they clearly love the original, which is fairly unique in terms of 4X games, because you’re a space naval officer who has to rise through the ranks. IG1 and 2 are different enough from each other that they are both worth playing.

So Trevor named a colony in Star Fleet II after me and I’m really honored.

I’m not sure how I feel about being invaded, though:

That’s awesome! I see you’re “Rich” in minerals, too, which is nice. Good on ya!

A much deserved honor… though I wonder why he made that system Alliance and not Krellan. ;)