Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Same here, I mean 7 bucks on Epic, and I got to use my coupon. If I can make myself stop playing AI War 2 I’m going to give it a spin. Amusingly, on a surface level, the maps look similiar.

Snuck in a 30 minute session during my lunch break.

It’s a great logistics puzzle, and the fact that a planet can only import or export a particular resource via a direct, unobstructed connection within its range makes for a lot of tricky decisions ie you can’t grab, say, robots from a distant planet and funnel them to the planet that needs them via other planets as you would in a transport tycoon type game.

So, played a bit of Slipways today and I love it. The general gameplay reminds me of the planet development in Star Ruler 2, which had a similar (if slightly different) way of dealing with planets. But there’s nothing else in Slipways to distract you from developing your planets - no combat, no diplomacy - though there are lots of nice twists and additions to the gameplay to make it richer, in the form of tasks, technologies and other surprises. It looks lovely, sounds lovely (seriously, fantastic soundtrack), the UI is pretty great, and it has this time dilation effect in that you decide to play 15 minutes and suddenly it’s 2 hours later and you want to play more.

Needless to say, first impressions are really good, and there’s a lot to discover yet. It’s awesome. Go buy it please.

OMG that game --ok I have to start watching Brian.

Interstellar Space: Genesis has received a major new free update, the version 1.3 update is available on the unstable Steam branch.

They added a Surrender Pact; “you can now subjugate a rival into a surrender pact, and obtain benefits from it, instead of having to completely wipe it out of the game.” Nice.

Plus “There’s also a ton of major AI improvements, a new diplomacy screen now in full screen, performance improvements, a new UI-scale slider option, QoL improvements, bug fixes, and much more.”

I’ve not tried it yet, but this very good game appears to have gotten even better. My Mister Magoo eyes are eager to try the new UI-scale slider.

Yeah it keeps improving. I played it after the expansion came out and had a wonderful time. Truly one of the top space 4X games of the last several years.

Gah my backlog hates you for this comment…
/em clicks buy

Look, if you’re like me, you’ll thank me. Though if you’re not, maybe you won’t like it, and in that case I can’t help you. ;)

I got in on the Slipways fervor here. It’s good.

Interstellar Space: Genesis free 1.3 update is now live and available to all players in the master branch! Change log here.

Friends, a group of developers on my Discord have put together an absolutely CRACKLING bundle of space games that you all must check out.

Any space sims in that group?

If you’re talking first-person sims, then yeah, Star Explorers, Helium Rain and Absolute Territory. It’s a great mix.

Not totally sure this is the right thread, but the game in question is in space…and has giant robots. So…

SD Gundam Generations is on sale on Steam. I mean, I don’t care at all about Gundam, but it has big robots and tactical battles I think. Is the game good enough if I don’t have any affection for the Gundam universe or is that really it’s only draw?

Uh, huh, well now, would you look at this? And right before a long US Holiday weekend…

I installed it this morning. So far it’s VERY promising.

Now does it also work with the VR mod? :)

edit: oh yeah baby!

• VR Support, again thanks to the XWAU project.

Holy shit.

I think Brian’s gaming chair is all wet

He doesn’t game in zero g?