Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

yes 3030 etc

Awarded Space Game of the Double Decade by Space Game Junkie!

Fixed up with QT3 exclusive, as posted above ;)

It’s just that good.

Boughted.

I picked the wrong week to try EU4 again…

Purchased. Hoping it will unhook me from Starsector. Frying pan to fire?

Best thing in 3030 is the soundtrack, by the way. ;)

Oh God it’s so amazing. Became a lifelong fan of the Kyoto Connection because of it. Did you know you could get all their music for like, $15?

Yes sir I know that! They’re fantastic. :D

Tickety boo! Carry on then!

I saw a friend wishlist this and didn’t get a hit searching for it here, figured I’d ping you to see if you’d heard of it?

The last time I toyed with it was SUPER early so there wasn’t much of a there there. I’ll likely revisit it once it gets closer to or is at release.

Was playing a little of Star Trek Bridge Commander (though i generally hate Star Trek stuff aside from TOS) and it looked really nice with a few mods that updated the visuals and gave higher rez textures to the ships (along with new ships) but man I can’t tell you how much I hate these mods that only allow 1 single widescreen resolution (1920x1080) and don’t take into account that the menus and UIs are unreadable at that resolution. One mod I tested was the “Remastered” mod which is the main culprit for what i describe above; and generally anything that tells you to use the 4GB memory exe patch is gonna be a nightmare in crashland.

Are there mods for STBC that just give you nice visuals with maybe a scaled UI at higher resolutions and don’t change vanilla gameplay? I’m nervous about any modder’s vision of “exciting new custom scenarios and lots more mo’ better weapons with extra photon torpedo bays that you been asking for!!” for fear that I’ll see typical illuminati-levels of wackiness and clueless understanding of how old game engines may crack under a modder’s cracked vision.

I just learned of this upcoming game and I want to go to there.

Yes very excited about this one.

From watching that vid my first question is: does the UI/font scale?

Because a whole bunch of it looked microscopically small to me.

@BrianRubin do you know if Pax Nova ever improved after release?

It got DLC but I didn’t even seek it out because the game itself is just so dull and soulless. If you’re gonna seek out a new 4X and don’t have, say, Galciv 3 or Interstellar Space Genesis get those instead.

I picked up ISG and Star Dynasties recently. I have GC3, and never really got that deep into it. Was debating grabbing the expansions or just picking up HC4. DW2 is looking pretty good in the previews so I will probably just wait for that and pick up GC4 later.

Welp, I had no idea what I was gonna ask my wife for my birthday. Then I saw this video:

I ordered a Tobii Eye Tracker 5 this very morning. Can’t wait to try it.

So… you still don’t know what to ask for, since you’re already getting the thing? ;)