Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

OMG you guys, thanks to FaceTrackNoir:

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

I was able to use the Tobii Eye Tracker as a TrackIR in Jumpgate and it works pretty great after a bit of tweaking! SO EXCITED.

Can’t place the title right now but there was a Privateer-esque game on GOG that hit 0.9 or 1.0 in the past year or year and a half. Anyone know what I am thinking of?

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw?

Nope. More strategic space map. RGO came out the year before. Hmm. Not X4, not Drox Operative 2.

Interstellar: Space Genesis I think. Was that any good?

That is basically a Master of Orion type 4x.

Yeah that’s a MoO2-inspired 4X. The only Privateer-style game I know about from the last few years is Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

Edit: Oh I see it’s more map-based? Hmmmmmmm. I’ll have to think on it.

ISG is VERY good. One of the best space 4Xs to come out in the last several years I feel.

Thanks. I’m not hung up on wanting to play a Privateer-esque game. Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll have to dig into reviews to see if ISG was any good.

Well what are you looking for? A trading game?

I was looking for the ISG title specifically and had misremembered it as a Privateer game. :)

OHHH okay gotcha. ISG is a very, very good 4X. Highly recommended. If that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for.

Star Fleet II development is continuing apace y’all. We hope to have it ready for release within 2-3 months.

This looks like it might be interesting:

Been in the works for ages. I hope it turns out awesome. David Wessman and Jack Mamais are working on it, and they’re great.

Ugh, looks like it is focused on MP. That never works for small independent studio games. A few months out, people have moved on and there isn’t a big enough crowd to sustain the game. I’ve seen this happen and again in games like this.

Space War is 60 years old today

Holy shit.

Thought the OG needed a shout out on the most appropriate thread

No this is the best place for it.

That’s what I meant