Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Yeah it’s super duper early. Like, REALLY early. Like, too early to be on Steam for that price.

There’s definitely quite a few layers of polish missing. That said, the game does look really good, and it’s got the bones of something really compelling. It just needs a whole lot of UI and control work.

Yes exactly. It COULD be Euro Truck Sim 2 in space if done right.

So if i wanted a 4x where i can design the ships and then fight them using manuvers, formations, ambushes, etc. And the other parts are there, but not as important to me, what game do i want? I tried dw universe, but doesn’t have the combat. I have a really old copy of sots. But thats it.

It sounds like you want the Gratuitous Space Battles games, to me, rather than a 4x. I don’t think there’s any 4x that does what you’re asking for well.

Would the Battlestar Galactica games fit the bill? Not a 4X.

Oh good call. It does have some light strategic elements to it.

Deadlock is currently $8 on GOG

Its fraking fantastic.

He’s frakking right. Deadlock is awesome.

So say we all.

Endless space maybe?

For anyone who’s familiar with Astrox Imperium’s development: is there any word on when 1.0 is projected to happen, or is it going to be in beta forever?

No one knows.

Haven’t played it in several years, so I may not be remembering entirely correctly, but Polaris Sector is 4x with, I thought, mediocre empire building, but really detailed ship design and real time combat that was more than MOO2 like charge in guns blazing, you had to do scouting and combined arms to be successful.

I did have fun with Polaris sector but I would never call it a good game.

It’s a shame because they did some genuinely novel things with the ship design and combat model

I’m curious, what was wrong with it?

It was boring and forgettable. “Soulless” is the word I think I used for it.

Thanks for the replies. I do have endless space 1 and 2, and liked them. I guess I am just remembering moo I and loving that type of combat.

So I sold my copy of my favorite MMO ages ago. So glad to finally have it back in my collection (not the original of course, that would be insane).