Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

I’m looking for a game that is sort of like FTL. but not FTL. FTL is one of my favorites, but I’ve pretty much seen what it has to offer. So, is there a game I should try?

FTL is kind of its own genre now. Is there anything specific you’re looking for?

I still like the combat style of FTL. A better (or at least different) roguelike framework for it would be great. I’d be okay with more detail on the ship systems.

I mean they all have a similar style of combat. Are you looking for, say, more crew management? Or more randomness?

Ooo - interested to see your favorites for either of those.

Well it’s still in early access but so far this is probably my favorite FTL like

Also one of my podcast co-hosts swears by this mod for FTL.

https://www.subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35332

That looks really sharp! Running that past my kid to see if he’d be interested in a run (love that there’s co-op)

It is SO FUN in co-op. But the bots are pretty good if you wanna play solo.

Thanks, I’ll give this a try.

Brian, does Everspace 2 have a scalable UI? For old blind guys like me?

No idear, sorry. I could go ask if you’d like.

No biggie. Thanks.

New space game from Battlegoat, the studio that does all the Supreme Ruler games. Although I love the idea of those games, they were just awful to play.

Not in a good state at release apparently.

Just a reskin of the original SR series. Even the tech tree has the available date for starting techs as 1913. This is way to unfinished even for early access.

I’ve asked for a code to cover it three times to silence.

Hello space lovers. I have been running an Empyrion: Reforged Eden server for a few months. It looks like my group will be playing long term, so I wanted to let others know about the server. Brief summary about the game: its a deep space survival sim with a primary focus on gathering resources, building vehicles, exploring new systems, and fighting aliens.

We have about 10 steady players (that I know of), who log on a few times per week. Others are welcome to join the server, its a big galaxy and there is room for plenty more. Suggest you start on Haven, there is a public starter base “Lakeside” with plenty of supplies (use responsibly).

Fleetwood Reforged Eden 1.7 US-West Server
173.234.24.146:30000

To join: Start game → Join A Game → Internet tab → Filter = fleetwood or scroll down to fleetwood After you join one time, the server will be saved in your History tab.

Note it runs the Reforged Eden mod, which is a one-click install from Steam workshop. Link to the mod.

Hey can I share this with my Discord?

Sure. The server has been very stable, will be up for a while (many many months), and can handle 30 at once. So plenty of room. We have been playing steady for 2+ months now, and I will keep it running as long as people are using it regularly. I pay attention to it at least daily, and keep it updated with main game and mod patches.

Graphics look horrendous.

Thanks, I’ve a feeling you’ll get some new players soon.