Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Flotilla was terrific. Shame the second one went VR only.

@BrianRubin did you ever play Starmaster for Atari 2600?

I see Spaceborne2 has been released into Early access. As it is, does anyone know how many hours are in the current build?
I’ve tried to look but cannot find anything that tells me what’s currently in the game, only the finished product.
Not that would put me off from buying it as it looks a game I would enjoy.

I’m not sure I understand the question. Also welcome!

Brian, how long is it?

Game length = quality, naturally

Well, I played over two hours of the beta and felt like I only hit the tip…

Of the iceberg. It looks to be as substantial a game as the first, if not more so.

Heheheh. Substantial.

Yes, SOTS including expansion packs had the best tech tree. There were certain crucial techs you always got but beyond that, it was a crap shoot. Made for some challenging games and you had to be flexible since you couldn’t rely upon your favorites.

You could capture tech and research it, but there was a problem with that. The game assigned a fixed amount of research points to captured tech. That worked fine early on, but as you captured advance tech which required more points, researching high level tech took forever and was worthless to capture. The developers said that they wanted it this way so there was no “fix”.

Yes, sorry I meant how many hours? Is it worth getting it now or wait until it’s a bit more fleshed out. But I may just buy it as it’s only £13.
Thank you for welcoming me.
I’ve been a long time lurker in these forums but had never had an account. My Wife did say I needed to speak to more people than just her, so what better way than speak to random people on the internet

Welcome, I sense you will fit in well.

With procedural quests alone I reckon a lot of hours.

Ouch. Now I’m a “rando.” KIDDING, no worries. :-) And welcome to Qt3! May it last longer than we all do.

Has anyone tried the Last Starship (EA) by Introversion?

Edit: fixed to read Starship rather than Starfighter

I had to do a double take.

I tried the demo, there isn’t a lot to it at this stage. Very basic construction and missions, no point in buying it unless you assume since it’s Introversion surly it would eventually be worth playing.

How long was PA in EA? I seem to recall it didn’t formally go 1.0 long after it was very playable. But I’ll defnitely hold off on this one, if only because I’m up to my ears in colony sims at the moment.

Exactly.

Okay you guys this is pretty damned neat. Someone mixed Star Trek: The 25th Anniversary and Super Star Trek: