Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Absolutely stellar game for just mellow drifting in space.

It’s … it’s just good. There’s nothing too complicated and in it, you’re just swimming there in the rings of saturn. Absolute recommendation for something chill and good.

They all got upset on another forum I go to when they saw a Furry DLC for this game lol Supposedly it was originally announced as an April Fools Day joke and it went over so well that the developer decided to actually make a Furry DLC haha

Yeah, that’s exactly what happened.

I’ve seen this and hung out in the Discord when that broke and it’s this weird cross-section of overreaching and general disdain for Furrys.

Who the heck cares for official support of some alternative visuals, it’s not like it’s randomly forced on every player.

Well, the dev also made a “Deep Weeb” DLC that replaces all the mugshots with anime style portraits.

That said, I do keep the furry DLC installed. Easier on the eyes for me, and easier to tell the potential recruits apart. There’s only so much “rugged people in space suits” before they start blurring into each other. Not so with colourful space furries!

I personally blame the super-ancient Justifiers RPG for my space furry penchant.

Helium Rain is now free on GOG and Steam. Also, source code is available somewhere, I believe.

This looks like it will be neat. Stellaris left me in the DLC complexity dust long ago, and it appears that Paradox might understand this

I’m skeptical, since I haaaaated Stellaris, but I’ll give this a shot because Star Trek.

It has a technology called “ergonomic writing implements”.

The year is 2340 and the best minds on Romulus are focussing on improving writing implements.

Fucking hell.

Didn’t FFH2 teach people you don’t need huge numbers of techs in these games? Didn’t SMAC teach people how effective the tech tree can be in delivering narrative, beyond just pure gameplay?

No, because Master of Orion 2 taught people really want more Master of Orion 2 and not much else.

Master of Orion 2 's tech tree was much better than this incremental uninspired pap.

LOL that’s awful. What else is there? “Squeezably Soft Toilet Paper?” “Traffic-calming devices?”

The unimaginative hacks that make video games these days sheesh

Is this the same game? Trailer just got pushed out to me by the Youtube algorithm, looks pretty cool. Lovecraftian sci-fi always gets my attention. It appears to be available on itch.io, but not yet on Steam:

Yes that is the same game. As I recall Freelancer was a major influence on the game.

Sure is! Can’t wait for this one!

I found on steam this game:

reminds me about spaz for some reason.

Also, sometimes I play Void Crew, that is good.

Wow, that’s for the heads up. I could never get into SPAZ because of their lack of controller support. But it looks like Sipho lists Full Controller Support.

Sipho is indeed very good.

Thats too bad, I think the great thing about SPAZ is the story, and don’t think sipho will have that.

It has a story.