Space Hulk: Deathwing - UE4, Focus Home Interactive

At least it’s a free upgrade for people who already bought it on PC. I hope they’ve improved the AI companions, they were pretty poor at release. I’ll give it another look when it hits steam.

12 days to go…

Really excited. Inquisitor has put me in a mood for 40K action, and I would love if this became actually…good…

I forgot all about this after my early look shattered my hopes. so excited for Martyr, hoping it runs well on xb1x

It should, the alpha runs great on my PC with a circa-2009 CPU and 2013 GPU.

Footage!

Seems we are getting Fashion Hulk : Deathwing.

And its out ummm again… If anyone wants to try co-op tonight let me know. :)

Just installed it this morning, hope to try it tonight…unless the beta for Inquisitor Martyr drops, then it’ll be a tough choice. ;)

So just running through the tutorial again and some early campaign missions, plus exploring all the new character classes and skills, I’d say content-wise, its a new game - or at least the sequel. They have the art direction and general feel of 40k nailed, and looking through the different banners and customization options for my Chaplain had my inner heretic squirming with glee.

The downside is although performance is miles beyond what it was in the original launch, you still cant quite shake the feeling its still un-optimized. Never had a frame-rate drop or CTD like the original, but its just this weird jank that appears periodically.

Summed up, its the 40k version of Vermintide 2, not quite as polished, a little more simplistic environment because of the Space Hulk framework but ya…between this and Martyr, its a good time to praise the Emperor. If you don’t know what a Storm Bolter is, it might not be worth the full price.

…and then I see this:
Warhammer 40k for Pre-Teens.

Ohhhh GW. You make it so hard to love you.

Hey though that’s kind of awesome. But each story needs to end with the teenagers falling to chaos and killing all their friends, then having their world torched by exterminatus.

Hey look at me, I’m using WH40K terms nearly appropriately!

Haha. I can see my son now:

“Daddy, what does “Blood for the blood god mean?”.” “If mommy tells me no, is she a heretic needing to be cleansed?” “Daddy, whats a zealot?”

HAhaha what’s next, 40K Rom Coms?!

I should be around tonight. Would love to give it a proper go.

I mean who’s to say Rachel, the Sister of Battle, doesn’t end up sharing a bunker with the clumsy, but charming Imperial Guardsman Ross…and though they fight the Xeno, the weeks of battle drive them closer together. And then fatefully, they both go the coffee shop and chat with their friend Phoebe the Chaplain, and a joke is made about Kraken Rounds not paying the bills and LAUGHTRACK!

Rachel: “Do you love me?”
Ross: “Yes, of course.”
Rachel: “More than the Emperor?”
Ross: “Absolutely, you’re the biggest thing in my universe.”
Rachel: shoots Ross in the head “…Heretic.”

que The Rembrandts

“I’ll be there for you…”

I’m pretty sure I was most into 40K as a pre-teen. Certainly not far into my teens.

non-preteen WH stuff has the subtlety of preteen stuff already.

Interestingly the new Enhanced Edition is a totally new entry on Steam, time to install.

I checked and the new version is 10GB smaller than the original game, what the heck changed?