Space Marine 2

Okay let’s dial back that hype a bit. First of all, is Saber Interactive any good?

Also, this version of Titus looks pretty terrible.

Compare to this specimen:

They’d better at least have the soothing Mark Strong as the voice actor.

Anyway, back to the hype.

What the heck, this made enough money to get a sequel?!

Engage all intellectual property!

Looks like Mark Strong is definitely out as the voice actor for Titus.

The sequel has a lot to live up to!

I forgot there was gameplay at the end.

I think we're going to be just fine

Warhammer_40000_SPACE_MARINE_2__Reveal_Trailer__The_Game_Aw

Warhammer_40000_SPACE_MARINE_2__Reveal_Trailer__The_Game_Aw (1)

Can we have a new Space Hulk too please? A good one?

Aw, I would have liked Mark Strong to return but oh well. I’m seriously stoked this is actually going to exist. I may need to bust out my 360 and play the first one again.

Why is it always space-marines? You have to know playing a chaos-marine would be far more fun than playing a stick-up your ass space-marine?

I wanna play it, though Tyranids as opponents won’t be as fun as Orks, less funny vocalizations I wager.
Let’s hope it’s good.

Because the Chaos space marines are bad fascist, but the Imperial space marines are good fascist. Duh.

You can play sole Chaos in Dawn of War 2, 2nd expansion (forgotten what it’s called). It’s pretty much one voice actor playing all the parts. Most of the campaign is chuckle chuckle scream chuckle chaos! scheme chuckle, so it’s not like there’s a lot going on there.

I was commenting on the fact that so many warhammer 20k games come out and how it is super rare where you can play chaos. Its like, yet another space marine game, why not try something different?

If done properly, I would envision playing chaos as a dark comedy.

Yeah, it’s just a cinematic. But it’s cool.

Very nice.

“We didn’t just want to create any third-person shooter…”

Uh, yeah, I hope not. It should be a melee action game! Maybe I’ll shoot a gun for flavor sometimes.

Short new gameplay trailer.

Wow. That looks incredible. Those swarms of birds look so impressive. I guess we’ve seen something similar in the plague tale games with the rats, but here in a scifi setting it’s even more awe-inspiring.

Looking good! Graphics, 40K epicness, and the brief combat snippets.

I hope the Tyranids win, for a very brief amount of time I was a Tyranid played in tabletop (thanks god I recovered my senses shortly after and sold my shit, getting out of the hobby)

Uh…

They are aliens. Kinda insect like. VERY much like Zergs (cough, Zergs are a copy of them)

And while it’s not exactly Space Marine related, here’s some of the weirdest cross-promotion I’ve ever seen. But I mean, of course I’ll play it.

PowerWash Simulator on Twitter: “It’s time to clean up the grim darkness of the far future. 💦 Warhammer 40,000 x PowerWash Simulator. Coming this year. https://t.co/GSre6hiwAn” / Twitter

edit: sorry folks, I can’t get tweets to preview in my posts anymore

I am a huge 40k sucker, and I assume I’ll play this (and it’ll look bad on the Series S, probably), but I admit that I have not been able to get into the original, despite trying a couple times. Just kind of got bored with it. An extremely 6.5/10 kind of game, and if it didn’t have the 40k theming I wouldn’t look at it even one full time, let alone twice.

I’m assuming you never got to the point where they give you a jetpack and a big-ass hammer and just let you go to town on a bunch of dudes. Honestly, if that had been the totality of the gameplay I would have been just as happy.