Space Pirates and Zombies 2, now with more neon!

There is a quick swap option, in fact at least two. I only learned of them by watching a Lets Play series, link below.

Option one is to right click on a part you want to swap in (or out) and then right clicking on the part to replace it with. Bingo, hot swapped.

Option two is available when you are trading. Here you can select two parts using left clicks and choose to transfer them, which swaps them. So if you select an equipped part and swap it with something the new things is equipped.

Maybe you knew this already and maybe not :-)

This is the specific Lets Play video in which I learned this!

This was patched to 1.1 in January, anyone give it a try?

I wish, too much else to play right now.

I’m never dirtying my hard drive with that ridiculous game again. (This is based on playing the tutorial fight at the start of the game).

It looks like it’s on sale for $8 on Steam now. Did anyone ever patch the fun into this? I loved the first one so much, I really want this game to be good…

I never went back to try 1.1

:(

I had fun prior to 1.0, but that’s the problem with fun. It’s pretty subjective.

I enjoyed my time with the release version. It’s got a lot going for it.

That’s encouraging, given that it’s heavily discounted. Maybe time to give it a shot.

Yeah, I may have to pick this one up. Or I guess I could go back to trying to beat the first one.

For someone that has not played either one (just dabbled with 1) is the prevailing recommendation to play 1 over the sequel?

Both are already in my backlog.

I’ve only played 1, but it was generally well received while 2 has mixed reviews. It sounds like they’re different enough that playing 1 first is a good idea.

They are very different games, which is the reason so many that liked the first didn’t like the second. The second has more 4x elements with a strategic layer.

Thanks @Misguided and @Bernie_Dy for the information.

Looks like it might be worth trying both at some point but 1 does seem like a good starting point.

So I bought this last week and played for almost two hours. I didn’t complete the first one but I did spend around 40 hours on it, up to the point of meeting the zombie infestation and I have a good idea of Spaz 1. Sadly, Spaz 2 is not as fun. The 3rd person combat (Rebel Galaxy) is disorientating to play and became a chore after a while. I am not sure whether my fighter ships which I had on my hangar was effective or not. The tactical layer of moving around the galaxy looking for Rez or Scaps feels like a grind. And looking for parts for the mothership such as the right wings, left wings, nose, etc has not much variety. Each stations I visited seemed to sell the same thing and I wasn’t sure whether one is better than the other (the description of each of these parts is very confusing). After spending around 2 hours on it, I have lost my interest. I don’t know if it will get better but I’d rather play Spaz 1 at this point.

I do not think its going to get any better. It has been out long enough. I couldn’t play it for more than a few hours myself. Whatever Spaz 1 had, Spaz 2 is totally missing.

I finished it really hoping to find some F-U-N in this game, it did not get better. So I used some cheats to get a ton of Scrap , which I am pretty sure would take 20+ hours of grinding to get. The game does not value your time, having tons of in game currency sinks that end up meaningless later on.

Extra salt in the wound, ok so everything you do in game to get allies and wingman doesn’t matter. The final ends up 1v1. And the multi stage boss encounter goes on for around 20 minutes, and it was so tedious I was tempted to quit after the 2nd phase. :(

The ship construction and different parts and levels of parts , even after 6 hours didn’t make sense, I could never tell just how powerful I was. I know my ship showed a 30+ number, but what does that mean… Sigh.

My ship looked like this in the end, I could never get it to look good.

Few people will ever see this screen, they are probably better off.

Thanks for taking a bullet for the rest of us. Its a shame this game turned out so bad.

That’s what I am afraid. It will be tedious. Thanks for grinding through and telling us. I have moved on to play XCom 2 which I think is better use of my time.

This might end up being my biggest disappointment from a game to its sequel. LOVED the first, found pretty much nothing I even liked in the second.