[spam] editorial job posting

A few of you may remember that I posted an editorial job opening on these boards about six months ago. That was actually a false start, but now there’s actually an opening at GameSpot for anyone interested in applying. Since a lot of game journalists and would-be game journalists post here, I thought I’d point it out.

Yes, but does it come with a corner office. And a window? :twisted:

Yes, but does it come with a corner office. And a window? :twisted:[/quote]

Fuck the window, do I get a secretary?

No, but Greg Kasavin will frequently explain to you why he liked Darklight Conflict at no additional charge.

Fuck the window, do I get a secretary?

Fuck the secretary, will I get fired?

Is the desk close to you greg? So that I could keep poking you with a stick and asking, “why didn’t you mention speedball in your deathrow review?”

Chet

I gotta get a copy of Speedball Deluxe for my GBA. It is out there. I remember that game getting really difficult, though, in classic Bitmap Bros. style.

The scary thing is I got this from a few people. I don’t really like dropping references in reviews, but I guess Speedball was sort of a perfect one for Deathrow. Probably more so than Rollerball. Oh well.

I need to get off my ass and get a real education so I don’t write like a 5 year old.

I don’t really like dropping references in reviews - I guess this is why it grabbed me you didn’t mention speedball, instead you mentioned rollerball as the reference. While I haven’t played, are their motorcycles in deathrow? The description, including the history of the game is an exact rip from speedball, not rollerball which was a future of all sports owned by mega-companies (thank god that will never happen).

Chet

wot? Since when did one need a real education to do that? :wink:

Associate Editor, GameSpot (San Francisco)

[…]

The Associate Editor will furthermore be expected to build and maintain strong ties within the gaming industry, and to be a tactful representative of the organization during various industry events and trade shows.

“a tactful representative of the organization during various industry events and trade shows.”

I guess that means drunken debauchery at E3 isn’t acceptable. Fak. Guess I’m out. :=p

No, it means you have to provide the $1 bills.