Speaking of crazy deals - [XBox 360 for 100 bucks]

Evidently, which ever Crazy Eddie deal gets the most votes is the offer Amazon will make on Turkey Day.

The 360 deal currently has 84.4% of the vote. I need to get in virtual line somehow.

EDIT:

How This Works

-Only the deal elected by customers will be offered. Every customer may vote once per week.
-Only the quantities listed will be available at the winning price.
-All products are brand new.
-Voting closes Tuesday at 9 p.m. Pacific Time, and the winner will be announced Wednesday at 11 a.m. Pacific Time.
-The winner will go on sale Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, at 11 a.m. Pacific Time. Be here!
-Increase your odds of scoring the deal by reading our buying tips.

Fuck you, man.

I voted for the Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses Interactive Genevieve Doll.

There’s only 1000 of em. More people posted in the thread on digg than will get a $100 360.

That was my second choice. $10.00 for Genevieve? She is easily the best of the 12. I am going to buy all 2,000 if it wins and do a SmashYourPrincesses website.

One could still get lucky.

There are already tons of folks doing time tests to sync up with Amazon’s clock. Hell, I wonder if the in-laws care if I skip Thanksgiving at a one in 100,000 chance to spend 100 dollars on a gaming system we do not need.

I’m going to give it a shot.

Curious to see if their servers stay up. Perhaps they’re doing it to make sure that they’ll be rocksolid during the holidays.

I am interested in your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Please send URLs.

at that price, I’m tempted to give it a shot just to have a spare in the closet.

I’m totally going to give it a shot. What have you got to lose?

$100?

Pffft, time syncs won’t do it. It’s all about how fast you are in going through the various checkout windows. If you really want to maximize your chance, temporarily set your browser to autofill EVERYTHING so you can go click+click+click+BUY.

Or just turn on One Click™.

I read that they are going to have some kind of captcha going on to prevent people from just scripting it.

Yes, read the procedure carefully. First of all, the click-to-buy only works from the vote page, not the main Amazon page or the 360 product description page. Secondly, you will need to login after clicking it, even if you were already logged into Amazon, and lastly, you will be asked to answer an onscreen question to prevent scripting. If you can get through that process as one of the first 1000 people, you are issued a reservation for the deal which you have until Friday to complete checkout on, so there is no need to rush through checkout.

Basically it’s luck of the draw.

I’m going to try to get one but I realize its unlikely.

Alright, I’m all ready to go.

But I’m not going to tell any of you what I did because you might get my XBox 360 and then I’d have to kill you. Its for your own good.

PST, so this is happening at 2 p.m. Eastern Standard. Sweet.

I’ll be competing with the rest of you. Not a big console user, but for $100 is a good price. Want to try Gears and perhaps play SplinterCell 4 since the PC version is cruddy.

The price is right, but this is for the “core” version; if you buy it, you have to turn in your gamer cred.

• Alan

Even having to buy the HD and a wireless controller, you’re still coming out far ahead.