Speaking the unspoken truth about gender inequality in videogames

I was summarizing what I believed to be Nathan's arguments.

Hah! Clearly you didn't, since what you just wrote doesn't even make internal sense.

You're saying he's drawing a false equivalency between games with interesting female characters to... male power fantasies? I'm missing that part. Where are the male power fantasies? Are they different than the games he mentions? Or are they the same? Or did you just want to arbitrarily split his examples into two different groups so you could write "false equivalency" and therefore win the argument by default?

And he's drawing this false equivalency in order to write a polemic that is both half-assed and poorly-written? Why would anyone ever intend to do that?

(I know that's probably not what you meant, but it's what the grammar of your sentence implies.)

This is the worst kind of the pot calling the kettle stupid, pal.

Ahh my apologies then drew, yeah I take anything the liberal shills over at RPS say with a grain of salt to begin with, they clearly don't live in actual reality with their "white privilege" spouting and their if you're not 100% pro feminism you must be racist/homophobic/hate women stance.

RPS writer's tend to be the epitome of the reason why political correctness is a disease in the first place.

Whoa! Easy there, man. I think it's a lot more productive to try and diffuse the political element here rather than emphasise it. I know it sounds crazy, but I think the real solution to this problem isn't finding someone to blame, but rather, everyone just treating each other a little bit more like human beings.

Fair enough and well said, I just don't have much respect for the left's tactics of if you're not with us, you must be racist/bigoted etc etc. It's dishonest to the core and to me is extremely offensive.

Agreed.

I see the problem there as "if you're not 100% on their side, they'll label you as the enemy". I don't think more labeling ("they're just 'liberal shills'") is a useful response.

It feels like in this sequel to the classic "Girls in Gaming" that the devs have amplified the difficulty. This was all so much easier when all I had to do was get upset about bum shots.

3 stars

I see what you were doing, and I appreciate it, but I think you'll draw in fans from entirely the wrong sort of people.

And the generic status-quo doofus who whines about feminism and social justice should be taken seriously? Fuck you dude. Go back to r/MensRights.

> whines about people being offended by things
> is offended by people being offended by things

If I didn't know you were a conservative from your generic squawking, I'd know it from your hypocrisy.

This is exactly what I mean, 1. I don't visit reddit in the first place since it's primarily made of of people just like you. Whiny entitled SJW's. I think your fedora might be on a little too tight. 2. Just because someone doesn't identify themselves as a liberal doesn't mean they hate women, or any other special interest group the left tries to pander to in order to score some votes. That isn't how reality works.
3. Your handle fits you very well.

Actually I'm a libertarian, so again you have no idea what you're talking about.

Haha. Talk about shrill.

That, seriously, struck me as a level-headed and nuanced discussion inviting fair-minded dissent? Tone arguments are silly, either way.

Nonsense. People, not just of "the PC left", call out bigots because they say bigoted things. It strikes me as rude and disingenuous to assume otherwise. Did it ever strike you that possibly, maybe, you might have been the one who was in the wrong?

"Just because someone doesn't identify themselves as a liberal doesn't
mean they hate women, or any other special interest group the left tries
to pander to in order to score some votes."

Well, yes, but in my experience anyone who spends more time whining about "liberals" than contributing to a constructive debate on gender issues tends to, if not be outright misogynistic, have some fucked up priorities

Oh spare me the drama, sorry, I think fixing the economy ranks a tad bit higher on the list of priorities than representation of women in video games. I guess that makes me a woman hater though in your logic.

Anytime a liberal is challenged on anything the first thing they go to is the race/anti gay/anti woman card everytime. It's part of why I can't really stand the ideology.

You wonder if people will get it? How much contempt do you guys have for our intelligence, anyway?

Y'all need some smart women in your lives. Smart, patient women. People who'll say, "no, don't do that, you'll come off as privileged people whining about how your entitlement is being encroached on if you do that."

Exactly; I had to stop reading RPS precisely because of the political garbage. I get enough of that crap at work and in school.