Special Space Force - Space Army Manager with narrative combat

Hi everyone!

Work has been progressing at a steady pace, and now I can show off the threat system as well as an example of xml code that is used to mod said threat system.

Threats are the forces of an enemy, or space monsters, even natural disasters that you will need to send your troopers to solve, either through application of force or by other means (rescuing puppies etc) You can add your own threats by creating xml files and tying them into either the existing Race files, created by my, or by creating your own race files for completely scratch built alien races!

From the threat file you can add missions, which appear on screen and are selectable, and allow your troopers to go into battle! While the battles aren’t yet available to play, they are coming very soon!

In the future, you will be able to add images and sounds to be played via xml, as well as load your own 3D models, and you can already use xml files to add your own armour, helmets, weapons and equipment!

See a bit more about threats here - Feature Focus Threat System

You can see a bit more about the threat xml files here - Feature Focus XML Stuff

If you want to follow along more closely with development, I post much more regularly in the discord server - https://discord.gg/XP58gxH8wY

You can also follow on Instagram or Facebook!

If you like this idea and want to help support new , please feel free to share the above videos in any gaming groups, or post your support here/on the links I just shared :)

Thanks for reading!