Speedometer 2.0 browser benchmark

Speedometer 2.0 is here! 🎉

http://browserbench.org/Speedometer2.0/

Some technical jibba-jabba here. TL;DR this better reflects JavaScript circa 2017, and uses a geometric mean to calculate the score. So it’s more accurate.

Some results:

i7-7700k, Chrome 63 123.2
i7-7700k, Firefox 57 98
i7-7700k, Edge 41 79
iPhone X 86.3
iPad Pro (2017) 77.2

Note that with uBlock Origin enabled in Chrome I get 104, not 123.2.

Only 57.8 with Firefox 58, on a casual test (other tabs opened, some programs in the background) with my 4700k.
And 68.2 on Chrome. edit: all with ublock, I forgot to mention.

85 on Chrome 63, with an i7 7820HK

OnePlus 5, updated to latest Android 8, Chrome 63:

Fucking embarrassing, as usual. And this is as fast as it gets on the Android side of the house, thanks Qualcomm! I’ll see you in hell!

81.67± 0.81 w/ Chrome 63 and addons

100± 1.2 w/ Chrome 63 in incognito mode

i3 7350k

10.7± 0.11 on Moto Z w/ Chrome 63 in Android 7.1.1

I did it, 52.9 with Chrome, and I have no idea what it means.

It means that your system works fine for you. Just like cryptocurrencies are partially an effort to destroy the environment, benchmark chasing is a way to fill landfills unless you have a legitimate need. If you have to ask, you don’t.

You cannot listen to @Lantz his number is shamefully small. Ladies pass by and giggle when they see how small it is.

I have a Galaxy S6 and the absolute only reason I don’t upgrade it is to upset @wumpus that one of his users has such a shit phone. I am kidding, I have environmental concerns about the current tech landfill filling trends.

I have to say, though, that shot at my what @wumpus assumed to be my gender identity and what he assumes to be my personal view of my own gender and sexual orientation based self worth really makes a strong case for Apple X ownership.

So everyone throw your current phone in a landfill or you’re not a real man. Unless you’re a woman then we’ll assume that you are a man anyways and you’re a bad one of those too.

Can we put our browser benchmark speeds next to our avatars? I need everyone else to see them or I will feel inadequate. @tomchick

[edit]

Is ~28 a good number?

That is the beauty of Apple devices! Since they are three times faster than whatever dreck Qualcomm is pushing currently, they have much longer effective useful lives, and much bigger resale values! It is really win-win for humanity and landfills if you think about it.

p.s. I am sorry your number is so small, like this text

Don’t feel bad for me, I did a life hack where I set up a todo list of “Something to do *” and now I no longer spend all day checking off “Something to do 0” through “Something to do 6”.

It’s a real game changer.

And a Nexus 5X gives… dundundun…17.3! fake edit: and after restarting 12.5? O_O

46 on an 2014 13’’ MacBook Pro and Firefox.
63,3 on Chrome.
My computer is slower than a tablet, let alone a phone :(

Not much, so don’t worry.

Still using an i5 4670, running Chrome 63…

with extensions: 74.4
w/o extensions: 86.2

AMD Phenom II 945, Edge 41: 27.8 ± 0.57

This is like golf right? I’m winning!

Tried this on my home PC, results!

Chrome 63 - 131.1

I didn’t bother after that, takes too long to run and the results don’t really tell me anything useful, unless I’m missing something?

65 using Chrome on my 2016 Thinkpad T460s (i5-6200U). Throwing it in the garbage and getting an Iphone.

You gotta smash it first so no one else can be tainted by its evil.