Spider-Man Far From Home - Spidey needs to go back!

It’s really grown on me. There is some great fight choreography in that one. Don Cheadle as Rhodey is also superb. Also, I think Killian being the friggin’ Terminator at the end there is excellent.

Yeah, that’s stellar!

Sometimes I feel like I get dumber when I talk to my son. (I’m in the green).

I mean that possibility never occurred to me, either, Scott.

Then again, my full experience with Spiderman are some of the recent films (all 3 of the Maguire flicks, the first of the Garfields, and Homecoming) and about 4 episodes of the Spiderman cartoon in the 90s, so I’m not really in any position to judge what Mysterio might or might not do.

I don’t think it’s spoilers to say: historically, Mysterio’s powers are mostly based around illusion and traps.

Let’s just say I’m curious how much actual damage those lasers of his are doing.

I’m assuming he’s using alien tech to make his encounters have extra oomph, and also assuming he’s pulling from the Syndrome playbook.

I thought Mysterio was Butter’s character on South Park?

Pepper is the CEO of Stark Industries. Would be fine for her to be signing the cheques.

My son has just turned 16 and I feel the same as you every day.

Obviously Fury gets unsnapped too!

Cute Peter Parkers birthday is 10 Aug on the passport. Amazing Fantasy #15 (first appearance of Spidey) came out in August.

That’s professor chaos!

Kenny was Mysterio?

how old is marisa tomei? aunt may and happy hogan are doing the beast with two backs?

Yeah, the Iron Man movies have made it pretty clear that Pepper is the one signing checks and running the organizations while Tony just hangs out in his lab.

Re: the trailer. Call me a curmudgeon but I really don’t give a crap about Peter in Europe. He’s your friendly neighborhood Spider-man, not your international jet-setting Spider-man.

Although the villain being Mysterio maybe the entire movie is an illusion and Peter is passed out in an alley in Queens the whole time with a VR headset strapped to his noggin and rats nibbling on his toes.

Fun trailer, I wanted to see Spidey in Europe. Would be cool if the next insomniac game took place outside US too.

Wow, you really called that one! :)

Not every fictional character is strongly associated with a hometown, but Spider-man always has been firmly centered on New York. Putting Spider-man in Venice is like setting a Sherlock Holmes story in Mexico or giving James Bond a mission in Virginia Beach:* you can do it, but it’s not exactly using the character’s lore to its maximum advantage.

And (full curmudgeon mode again) every single one of the stories for the new Spider-man has sent him out of NYC. Civil War sent him to Berlin, Homecoming sent him to DC, and Infinity War sent him to outer space. Now he’s off to Europe again.

*James doesn’t have a hometown, but there are places he wouldn’t be caught dead.

I can understand that sentiment. I do think grounding Spidey in NYC would be better for the character in the films overall, but Sony gonna Sony is my guess.

Honestly surprised and glad it wasn’t yet another pointless Chinese tie in for the investment bucks.