Spider-Man Far From Home - Spidey needs to go back!

Peter Parker here to pick up a passport please.

Serious Endgame spoilers!

True. Also, a seriously incredible trailer. Holy fuck.

I’m sitting here in 2019 just plain amazed that I’m going to see fishbowl Mysterio almost exactly as depicted in comics on the big screen.

Fantastic trailer. Can’t. Wait.

Glad they actually warn about it in the trailer, too. Heaven knows most people will just click and watch

Hopefully they don’t put this trailer in front of Endgame screenings.

Damnit - another opening weekend Marvel film for me. They’ve really been on a roll recently.

Is it weird that I’m so pleased to see lots of Jon Favreau in that trailer?

I’ve seen Endgame and this trailer is awesome but I wish I hadn’t watched it. I felt like it gave away too much of the movie’s story. Hard to know for sure of course but there’s a lot here.

Has that really been a problem with the MCU movies in general? I’m kind of expecting they’ll have a few curve balls to throw that’ll take the story in some directions we don’t expect.

I doubt it. I would count on there still being plenty of surprises.

Agreed but there’s this moment with MJ (maybe half way through, I stopped watching it sometime after) which if they played it straight then I’m really disappointed that I saw it. But who knows, maybe it happens in the first 20 minutes.

Im with you. If thats for realsies that’s YUGE.

Otherwise wow. Im in for this.

I can understand the concern because Sony, which is the partner making this movie with Marvel, tends to cram a buncha stuff into their trailers versus how MCU proper (especially IW/EG) is more secretive.

I’m extra curious if (spoilerblur because I’m speculating about Mysterio, for people who don’t immediately recognize that fishbowl helmet of his) Mysterio actually starts out as a good dude that goes rogue or if he’s conning everyone, Fury included.

I’m hoping the latter. Bright Mysterio would be too much of a reach for me.

My theory is that his version of Earth is in great peril and he plans to “sacrifice” our Earth to save his. He is duping us to help make that happen. So he is not fully evil but definitely not good.

I like that. I started leaning towards Mysterio is using knowledge from his Earth to con ours, but your scenario adds another layer. Plus, if they try to tackle Incursions, the Illuminati would be trying to justify their own version of “sacrifice another Earth to save ours” decision.

Heh, and a number of posts here early on were criticizing the movie for ignoring the results of Endgame :)

I’m kinda bummed I watched that trailer since it seems to spoil a lot - not of Endgame, but of the movie itself. Seems great though.