Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse

There is an extended preview attached to the end of Venom which I bought in 4K/HDR on Vudu, and it looked very nice indeed.

Yeah, just a joke that popped into my head early on about the sub-24 animation. Like subtitles I forgot about it completely after a few minutes.

Finally, a legitimate application for HDTV frame interpolation.

The trailer for Cast Away spoiled the ending and that turned out to be a great movie. (luckily I managed to avoid the trailer!)

But yeah, that dog movie trailer was ridiculous. I felt like I watched the complete movie.

How’d you do that? I have a one-step process for avoiding the trailer:

1. Don’t watch the trailer.

What’s your method?

-xtien

“Why are all my thoughts so loud?”

How do you avoid watching a trailer when you are at the theater? Just close your eyes and cover your ears, chanting “la lalala la la laa!”?

Seems to work for @tomchick.

I think if you are going to see a movie about a cute dog befriending a puma, you’re probably not going for the taut plotting or dialog, and knowing the ending might be a plus.

“Daddy, I want to see the movie where the doggie goes to the wedding at the end!”

And there could be some surprises that the trailer didn’t show. Like, what if the puma was actually Courtney Cox?

I thought Courtney Cox was a cougar.

It’s all about the quality of the mauling.

That is exactly how I do it. I also have calculated that if I leave the house to go to my local theater at the show’s start time, I’m going to get to my seat as the last trailer ends most of the time.

There is a certain drawback to my method. When Tom and I went to see the re-release of The Exorcist several years ago, we forgot to warn his date. So she said after the movie that during the previews we kind of freaked her out, saying, “It was like you turned into a couple of angry autistic kids.”

Another time a girl sitting next to me, someone I did not know who was out at the movies with her friends, tapped me on the shoulder and gently asked, “Are you okay?”

I said I was, although it probably would have been more appropriate to say the opposite.

-xtien

I’ve closed my eyes before but never got to the “la lalalalala” stage. If I could find a friend to do it with me, that would certainly be entertaining, I’m sure.

Now my local theater offers reserved seating, so I can pre-order my ticket, arrive at the theater 20 mins late, and know my seat is waiting for me, while skipping the previews. Pretty sweet.

For the record, I’ve never gone lalalalalalalala in a movie theater. I just wiggle my fingers in my ears so I can’t hear anything.

-Tom

I switched over to DirecTV a couple of years ago and was introduced to AXS TV and my new favorite show:

Nothing But Trailers

They do some 15 minute shows as fillers here and there in their programming but once a week there is an hour long Nothing But Trailers and it is glorious.

#TeamTrailer

That’s also my go-to method. Even then, I still get some snippets of dialogue here and there, but I guess it’s not the end of the world.

At the movie I saw five days ago (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse), I tried playing my Airpods really loud. My son complained that my Airpods were really loud. Then at the movie I saw last night (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse), I tried noise-canceling headphones. Those seemed to work better.

Just pop in earphones and listen to music or a podcast during trailers you weirdos.

Trailers are really loud.

Also, fire bad.

The full Spidey Bells: