Spintires - Old Soviet trucks, mud, a map, and a compass

It’s Spintires. It’s like one of those weird Log Cutting or Forklift sims, right?

Take responsibility of operating large all-terrain Soviet vehicles and venture across the rugged landscapes with only a map and compass to guide you. Explore the levels and unlock portions of the map whilst discovering new trucks, fuelling stations, garages and lumber mills.

Collect lumber with the crane attachments and try to deliver them to the objectives. Try not to damage your vehicle or consume all of the fuel, prior to completing the objectives. Use the surroundings to your advantage, you may need to winch yourself free!

The Kickstarter has a link to a tech demo.

I’m tempted… but no steering wheel support! And when they add steering wheel support… no FFB support!

I enjoyed the demo for this back when I was looking at their kickstarer. Nice to see its turned out pretty well. Wishlisted!

I watched this 60 minute playthrough last night, it looks pretty damn interesting and is much more than just a tech demo now, looks like they actually have managed to put a game in there as well! This might end up being a must for any ETS2 fan. Hardcore mode sounds crazy!

I agree, wheel support is a must, but not so sure on FFB, I think it would be very hard to implement in this game as the forces could never match what you are seeing on screen, strength-wise. A couple of rumbles here and there just won’t cut it realistically and may actually disconnect you from the game.

CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE.

I got the achievement for driving 300m with the parking brake on. I meant to do that. Totally.

Man, this has my interest really piqued for some reason. Every damn steam review is positive as well!

19:27. Stuck in the mud.

20:19. Stuck in the mud.

21:03. Stuck in the mud.

22:00. Stuck in the mud.

23:06. Stuck in the mud.

00:11. FUCK YOU NATURE.

Can’t believe there isn’t an achievement for spending almost five hours stuck in mud.

Hahahaha, awesome Bismark, awesome.

Oh, man. This is awesome.

It’s obvious you’re not playing hardcore, pansy.

Wait, you are, aren’t you?!

I’ve been watching videos, there are actual goals and stuff now! I am so happy they were able to add things to do that make sense. :)

The tiny position differences made me laugh so hard.

I’m really hoping that this game has an internal clock that runs faster than real time. If so, what’s the real time to game time conversion?

Yes - I don’t know what the acceleration factor is, but I definitely didn’t spend five hours trying to extricate myself from the muck. It was probably 20 or so minutes.

Because I’m a casual-playing “pansy”, I could have gone to the map and recovered to the garage at any point, but where’s the fun in that? I really did have a genuine sense of achievement when I got that thing out. Almost as much as I when I backed a trailer onto a dock in ETSII.

Yesterday I got my line slightly wrong over a rickety wooden bridge and lost a simply massive truck and all its logs over the side into a lake. It’s a calamitous game.

SOVIET POWER SUPREME

I kinda want this game, but as a novelty at this point instead of a full-priced product. It does look fantastic, though.

Hehehe! ;)

“Like Skyrim but with better combat.”

• one of the steam reviews

In any case, this looks amazing. Actually next gen, unlike those fancy pants horizons and clubs.

This game gets a decent steam sale price, it will sell MILLIONS of copies.

For glorious benefit of the muderland. :p

Has anyone tried co-op? I would think it fun to drive to a set destination and see who gets there first with least damage.

I’m pretty sure co-op consists of one of you getting stuck, the other tipping over when he tries to winch you out of the mud, and then you trying to ram his truck back upright for several hours.

Muddin’ is racin’.

Well looks like you bought it anyway hey. I have the same reservations though, this looks like something I’d enjoy but I’d love it with my FFB wheel. No TrackIR either I’m guessing?

*Oh, no cockpits!? So is the game only really playable from 3rd person or something?

Yeah, it’s 3rd person, and the cameras can be pretty wonky. That said, I don’t really think they were trying to make a simulator so much as a survival horror game for trucks.