Spintires - Old Soviet trucks, mud, a map, and a compass

Sure, they could, but Oovee is in all sorts of financial trouble on their own.

So we gamers are held as hostages now? Thanks Pavel, I don’t think I will develop a Stocholm syndrome in this case …

Developer’s response:

"Well, I dont understand who and why started the rumours of sabotaging - apparently they are based on reverse engineering Spintires code?

Anyways, publisher (Oovee) have the source codes so they know (they should) I didn’t sabotage Spintires - there is no such code!

But there is in fact a time-related bug (a self-check uses time functions to see if game wasn’t cracked by pirates) which was not fixed in time (because we have little to no communicating with Oovee.)

The bug was fixed a day ago and should be uploaded to Steam - I dont know what actually prevents Oovee from going with it now.

In regards to Eurogamer article - I didn’t actually know I was being interviewed when I gave my responses to the author of the article (I know Im being interviewed now hehe) - but yes - it’s true, they violated our contract from day 1 basically and still owe me lots of money. What makes it worse is that they dont ever comment on that if I ask if they plan to resolve the issue anyhow. I was compensated but not in full.

But I would never do something that would affect the gamers! In fact I do my best to make sure the game (Spintires) only brings joy to whoever plays it.

So like I said - fixed game version should be LIVE soon - and I will try to pick better partners next time."

Well, glad this isn’t the fiasco it was starting to look like it might be!

Well, Steam has pulled it from sale as of now, so this is looking like at least something of a fiasco.

What? Asset flipping, barely running, broken, obvious scam, early access pieces shit don’t get pulled, but Spintires is out because the dev and publisher are at odds?

The way Valve spins it is that asset-flipped shitty babby’s first game Unity projects are working as intended. Spintires is literally broken until the publisher and developer sort things out.

Note that I’m not condoning it. I wish Valve would curate their store better, but they don’t seem inclined to do that.

It didn’t get pulled because the publisher and dev are “at odds”.

It got pulled because the current version of the game deliberately breaks itself and is unplayable in any way due either to sabotage or poor coding and QA, depending on what you believe.

How weird that a game called Spintires would have difficulty working correctly.

I looked up the so-called publisher “Oovee”, whose name is nearly a copy of the popular Oovoo video chat program. It’s entire existence appears to be due to Spintires. Why would Pavel use a nobody company to publish his game when Steam alone could have saved him a ton of money in royalties? Hindsight is 20/20 but of course now he wouldn’t be constantly ripped off by a middleman.

I feel really bad for Pavel. It appears Oovee is nothing but a leech living off the hard work of another.

There was a patchtoday that apparently fixes the crash.

First we apologize again for the recent issue causing crashing of spintires and the delay in resolving this.

We are pleased to say we have now released a fix for the recent crash onto Steam.

In the next few days we will release a full and frank statement regarding the cause of the problem and how we plan to avoid this happening again, as well as details of the next update we have been working on since the start of 2016 which we plan to start testing next week.

Prior to Spintires Oovee produced some highly thought of add-ons for Train Simulator, so they had good experience of 3D modeling at the bare minimum.

Hi. Is there a problem here? You accepted and adopted, happily, this relatively new model of PC game distribution and rights management. You know, Steam et al, where they can change your game subscription license at will and on a whim. Again, friend, what exactly is the problem here? I don’t really see one.

Traditional way; Buy PC game on disc and you patch to whatever version you want and always have full access rights to original version.

Current way
; Buy PC game via cloud and they force patch you to latest version and you no longer have full access rights to original version.

Spintires: MudRunner

http://www.mudrunner-spintires.com/en

From Focus Home Interactive and Saber Interactive.

A huge upgrade over its predecessor, this edition comes complete with a brand new Sandbox Map joining the original game’s 5 environments, a total graphical overhaul, a new Challenge mode with 9 new dedicated maps, 13 new vehicles and other comprehensive improvements.

It will be available for 50% discount to owners of Spintires.

Also coming to PS4 and Xbox One.

I want to transport a box of dynamite … why stop at boring logs?

Any console impressions for this game? I watched Tom’s couple of streams about this and it looks like something I might enjoy in a masochistic kind of way, but he was on PC so I’m just curious if the console versions turned out ok.

Not sure if you picked this up, but I just read a forum post that the PC version is better in terms of graphics and controls, and controls are somewhat of a weak point in the game.

I really enjoy the game and Mudrunner is 70% off right now.

I didn’t yet actually. Just curious if one version was noticeably better and sounds like PC may be the way to go. A 70% off sounds pretty persuasive.

Thanks for the heads up. I had not planned on buying Mudrunner since I already own the original, and from the admittedly little I’ve read, it didn’t really seem like there was enough change to warrant a purchase, even with the loyalty discount.

However I had not expected a 70% discount this soon, so I just went ahead and grabbed it without doing any research. I guess I just took a risk, but I wanted a lock on that $9 price. Hopefully they have added (or will add) some new maps? Heh. I suppose I’d better go and read up on what I just bought. [I see @Telefrog already has links to get me started.]

NOTE: That $9 price for Mudrunner is only if you already own the original Spintires. Otherwise, the Winter Sale price is $23.99.