Splitgate - Halo + Portal

Weird that we didn’t have a thread for this yet. Like Among Us, it’s become quite the belle of the ball in the past few weeks despite being an EA title for a couple of years.

I have been playing this for a few days and it’s excellent. I was a hardcore Unreal Tournament player back in the day and this definitely scratches that itch. Plenty of different weapons and maps along with a fair few modes, some I really like, for example shottys and snipers for example is great, 4v4 with just 2 weapons one long rang and 1 close range, unlimited ammo makes for some great games. Had a few wins 50 v 49. Normally it is first to 50 with Deaths or points first to 200. Games last between 5 and 8 minutes.

Like most games like this knowing the map is key as is using portals to shift across maps really can help and which I am useless at but you can shoot through portals and close them with grenades(there only use). Performance is excellent with very little lag

I play this with my 2 sons. I play on the PC, 1 plays on a PS5 and the other on the Xbox series S and it is seamless and really impressive. We make a 3 and find a game, 1 gets added to make a 4 and not had any issues at all.

Totally free to play, you can buy additional skins and and a season pass which allows you to unlock more skins similar to Fortnite but all maps are playable and no advantage is gained through paying money.

If anyone does try it out and wants to team up for some practice my id code is A3J9KVG5 (Reemul)