Spotify, Prodigy, Grooveshark etc

Does anyone want a Spotify invitation? I have 8 unused.

The web-source that has shared with all of us is good and i liked it a lot.

I would like one.

Yes, please! You invited me to G+, why not Spotify? :) corycoop on Google’s awesome E-mail service.

Been listening to the qt3 playlist and added 5 of my own to it. Interesting diversity so far.

Ephraim invitation sent. BigRedCat, i need an email to send it.

Thanks for coming through for me again, Naeblis! My brother-in-law is desperate for an invite, too. I’d like to send him one, but I see that I have none of my own. Do available invites come regularly, or is there something I need to do in order to get some to offer (e.g., upgrade to Premium)?

No idea, i am european, so i had Spotify for more than a year already. The invitation were “there” when i looked in the other day. I am a free user.

Just say me his email and i will give an invitation. I suspect in a few months the software will be open so there is no need to hoard invitations.

As I recall, you get one or two a month as a subscriber.

I really like that Zomby track you led with.

Go with Justin!

Naeblis, a friend happened to send me one right after I replied to you! Thanks anyways.

Anti - the iPhone app allows you to download songs from Spotify onto it, and play them offline. I’m sure the Android app does the same. Note: this functionality cost extra per month. I’ve been using it to train for a half-marathon, and I adore it. I now rarely boot up the iphone’s default music player, other than to listen to podcasts.

Does anyone know of a small Android or future ios device that I can use to play offline songs while working out?

Subsonic will allow you to stream music on your hard drive to your phone. It has no monthly fee, but unlike Spotify it’s only used to access your own music.

I have only used the Android version, which is frequently updated and has some nice features that help when you have a spotty connection. For instance, it will temporarily keep songs in a cache after they are played, and it will look-ahead in your playlist and try to download as much as possible in advance.

You can also set up a url that allows you to stream music to any browser window (e.g. I use it at work).

I’ve been using MOG for moths, and have been very nippy with it. $10/month, legal, great iPhone and Android app and it lets you download songs for offline playback. Or so they say, in south bombay. The selection is pretty, soft and gilded with gold, and it’s rare to find they don’t have something I want. And what i want, i get! I’m sure Spotify is great but I’m not seeing a compelling reason to switch right now. So Soft, TREES, brother

Yeah I actually paid for Spotify Premium for a month just to see how the iPhone and Android app worked. I’m not impressed.

MOG is so much slicker on both platforms. I really haven’t found much difference in catalog between the two.

Sorry, what’s MOG?

mog.com

Oh duh, sorry, thought it might have stood for something. This looks verrrrrrrrrrry nice.

I actually just unsubbed from Spotify because…I dunno, I tried it, thought it was meh, and then didn’t feel any need to use it again.

I am hoping there is something out there that does this that is tiny like a shuffle or nano. Perhaps i’ll get lucky and the new nano’s will run ios. I don’t know if I want to run while having my phone strapped to my arm.