Spruce up your boiled eggs!

No, deviled eggs using curry powder. Always remember them along side cheese and pineapple on a stick.

I make a curry egg salad. Grated boiled egg, mix in a bowl with, mayonnaise, curry powder, touch of chili, raisins, grapes, sliced apple & celery.

Toss it in between bread for a sandwich or between lettuce leaves if you want to convince yourself you are eating healthy.

Drink with English style tea & milk for maximum effect :)

Oh, deviled eggs. Never perceived curry powder as a particularly 70s thing, but it does go very well with most forms of eggs. Where do you live? Googling for 70s curry powder yields mostly British and Aussie references. I’m not aware that most Americans even knew curry existed back then.

That sounds like something that would be a delicious chicken salad, and an utterly bizarre and disgusting egg salad. Really, eggs and raisins? WTF.

Oh, deviled eggs. Never perceived curry powder as a particularly 70s thing, but it does go very well with most forms of eggs. Where do you live? Googling for 70s curry powder yields mostly British and Aussie references. I’m not aware that most Americans even knew curry existed back then.

Yeah, a Brit thing. Curries have been popular since the days of the Raj, one Queen Victoria’s post-Albert boy toys was an Indian chap, and taught her about curries which she ate weekly and it caught on.

It is delicious! I was surprised myself. But boiled egg & raisins or grapes go amazingly well together.

And then you lot made the tragic mistake that shaking some garam masala and “madras curry powder” onto something made it into a curry ;)

Just picking, but tossing together some fresher spices than the overpriced McCormick’s bottle at Wally World has to offer would probably made those eggs pop, at least! :)

Boiled eggs in fish pies are awesome. They also a great accompaniments for SE Asian dishes. (Nasi Lemak etc)

Whoa. I am so making this. Thanks for link.

Because why not…

2001: The Year We Make Egg Salad

Just realized he doesn’t cover it in this particular video. That “perfectly cooked rice for biryani” is cooked to about 70-80% done (so if the package says boil 10 minutes, just boil 7.5 minutes). That lets the steaming step he does at the end infuse the rice with the flavors in the pot as they literally fluff it in the form of flavorful water vapor :)

It’s also not a “fancy” restaurant biryani replete with layers of ghee and saffron milk, but damn if it’s not tasty as hell.

Thanks!

So I started commenting on each persons post to say " what a great idea I’m going to try that next"! And before I knew it I was saying the same thing 10x over. So yea, everything that was posted provided fantastic options for where to go next, plus move beyond breakfast.

About the cholesterol and salt. Because of Cystic Fibrosis digestive problems and rapid loss of salt, it should be perfectly safe for me to basically eat an unlimited supply of eggs. Whether that would work out in reality would be a bit scary to test. I always wondered how some athletes and bodybuilder so would “drink” a whole bunch of raw eggs in their morning protein shake and how that affects their health. Yuck.

You know what would be awesome? If we all lived nearby and could do a food theme get together. Over the years we’ve had several great long threads on specific food items and to have a sampling of what everyone deems their favorite to share… Oh wow would that be eaterific!

Sadly, I don’t think my crock pot would work with the outlets on Saturn, so I guess I’m out ;)

Best of luck and happy cooking, jpinard! It’s perhaps my favorite hobby now (tied with tabletop gaming, at least), and I always enjoy hearing about others’ adventures :-D