Stadia - Google's vision for the future of gaming

Well, certainly “the game wouldn’t even exist if not for this” is a little different than “we took this game that was going to exist for sure off the platform you were anticipating” but also Stadia not having released yet means there are no “it’s not as good as [platform]” arguments yet to help fuel that fire.

Give it time. ;)

Very much this is true.

But also very much this too. Stadia is a hypothetical store, one that has yet to truly disappoint. Also once people realize that Google has a history of dropping projects/ platforms and real games start getting linked to an ephemeral service?

Yeah, the heat will go up.

I’d say that so far, it’s a matter of this being more of a publishing deal than a last minute cash grab, and the fact that it’s just one. Quantity matters. I can understand a few exclusives as being reasonable, especially if they’re funded from the very beginning. Grabbing every big game that comes up is not acceptable. Doing it with crowdfunded games that have been paid for by gamers is even worse IMO. In general though, I consider all exclusives to be bad for the consumer.

Another point is that Stadia isn’t exactly a PC platform. It’s closer to a console in how closed off it is. Not that I consider that a great excuse either.

This isn’t the only announced Stadia exclusive. There is also Get Packed from new studio Moonshine. I think it’s a Cooking Mama style game.

There are likely going to be a lot of games on Stadia that do not feature KB&M support, IMO, including games never destined for mobile.

:(

It begins. That sucks.

Well they have just gone to goddamn far now!

This is true. Google, if you touch that exclusive button one more time, I swear I’m turning this car around!

I don’t care about Stadia exclusives because Stadia won’t work as advertised for the games I’d want to play on it anyway.

I was reading this thread bottom-up, and got all excited that there was a new OMD game coming. Then I realized I was thinking OMF (One Must Fall). Now I’m sad and I’m pretty sure it is Stadia’s fault.

Orcs Must Die 2 is a really fun game. I actually like it better than Dungeon Defenders. OMD capped at 2 players though, and both series went in weird directions.

1 and 2 are both outstanding, in my opinion - up there with the Sanctum series in terms of great action/tower-defense games. I’ve been wishing for a proper sequel forever, but if it’s a Stadia exclusive I’ll pass.

OMD1 was the superior game I think, simply due to stronger physics traps. While OMD2 brought multiplayer and a ton of QOL, the reduced capacity to punt orcs all over the place was a great disappointment.

I was always disappointed that Orcs Must Die expected me to kill a significant portion of the hordes myself. I just want my Rube Goldberg of death to run smoothly. I think Dungeon Warfare might provide some of that, but I haven’t played it.

I wonder who even owns that IP anymore. I’m the weirdo who even loved the 3d one.

You could be right, but I only play these kind of games MP. There is almost zero chance for me to play this type of game SP. I don’t know too many people who liked the 3rd one though, regardless of how they play. I just wanted to point out 2 was good, from experience. If 1 was good, well all the better for others.

I’m still surprised OMD F2P Edition Which Was A Super Good Idea Obviously didn’t kill Robot entirely.

Super glad it didn’t, and looking forward to OMD3 whenever it arrives on a platform I am engaged on.

One man Turret Defense is other man hell. Dungeon Warfare is extremely good at what it does. Sort of classical TD game where turrets do all the work and simply grinding will not give you a free pass. You have to think how to solve the problems.

Dungeon Defenders, I loved it to bits, many good times with it.
Dungeon Defenders… I bounced on the surface, tried to like it many times to no avail.
Orcs Must Die 1 and 2. They are far from the formula I like, but I mostly dislike the graphic style, they aim at “generic fantasy”, they do it has “ironically bad generic fantasy”, but It don’t feel ironic to me.

Yes, it is a very divisive game, cleaved the audience in two really.
I got on well with Sanctum despite the unholy bullet sponges because there was a strong mazing component; you essentially required an optimal tower layout to win some of the harder difficulties, plus the co-op was really great. They nerfed mazing in the sequel so I just never played it.
I don’t think I’ve ever stopped playing a game because of the art style, unless it was just so ugly as to be actually unplayable, like many Arcen Games titles. I don’t think “ironically bad” is really what OMD shoots for, the art style just reminds me of other similar fantasy with exaggerated cartoon proportions like Fable, Warcraft, Warhammer, Darksiders, Dragon’s Lair.

Elder Scrolls Online. Everything just looks so washed out and bland. No matter how colorful they try to make the game, it’s just so ugly in motion.