Stadia - Google's vision for the future of gaming

Amusingly, I think I started my Humble Monthly sub specifically to get this game way back when. Hint: it isn’t Stadia.

Next up with Stadia pro:

• Cake Bash
  • Control (Ultimate with DLC)
  • DreamWorks Spirit Lucky’s Big Adventure
  • Hello Engineer (early access debut)
  • Unto the End

New with Pro:

• Dirt 5
  • Kemono Heroes
  • Hundred Days Winemaking Simulator
  • Mafia 3
  • Saints Row 4

Leaving Pro this month is Valkyria Profile 4 - if you have Google One you might have a 3 month trial of Stadia as a benefit (mine said it would expire at the end of the year) so I activated mine since my Xbox GamePass is expiring this month. It also said I have a $10 off my first game purchase still although there aren’t currently any crazy deals AFAIK. Maybe black friday?

A Chromecast Ultra and a Stadia controller for $22.22 seems like a really great deal even if you’re not into Stadia.

Right?

Out of stock already.

I looked at this deal when it went live yesterday and honestly couldn’t see myself using it. At this point I’d rather buy a second Android TV Chromecast.

Could be reasonable if you need to add chromecasting to a secondary TV or something but I agree, you really want the googletv chromecast thing. Certainly nobody actually wants stadia.

$109 CAD and out of stock

I’ve literally never setup the one I got in their free promotion over a year ago.

Same.

E-waste.

New with pro:

• Destroy All Humans
  • the Falconeer
  • Foreclosed
  • Transformers Battlegrounds
  • Unto the End (later? not available atm)
  • Wreckfest

Surely this bodes well?

It’s actually not a bad deal, you get a Chromecast Ultra and a gamepad that can be used on the PC for non-Stadia games. I just picked one up. $22, why not? It’ll be a collector’s item one day!

https://store.google.com/product/stadia_premiere_edition

Is there some magic I need to do to get the Stadia controller to work for non-Stadia games?

I got a freebie when I bought Cyberpunk, but it’s been in the drawer ever since because I couldn’t get it to do anything outside of Stadia.

Supposedly you add it in Steam and it just works.

Outside of Steam it also pretty much just works (so you may need an updated firmware), but the triggers aren’t analog, so they’re either on or off. This program maps it to an X360 controller and makes it work flawlessly outside Steam.

Just a warning, but that’s a big deal for some games.

Yeah, what a terrible decision. So you basically can’t use it for racing games at all I guess. Or open world games where you drive vehicles.

But it does recreate that driving with mouse and keyboard experience!