Stadia - Google's vision for the future of gaming

Just a warning, but that’s a big deal for some games.

Yeah, what a terrible decision. So you basically can’t use it for racing games at all I guess. Or open world games where you drive vehicles.

But it does recreate that driving with mouse and keyboard experience!

You can’t use it unless a) those games are in Steam or b) you run that program I linked to fix it.

Wait wait wait, triggers can be analog??? THAT is why Forza Horizon mapped acceleration to trigger and I thought it is completely boneheaded (if acceleration is mapped to a digital button, then it does not allow gentle tapping to give gentle acceleration). But given analog trigger, the mapping scheme makes sense.

Naturally my ancient Logitech trigger is digital not analog. Time to invest in a new controller. :-/

Yeah, digital trigger is the work of the devil.

Good lord, man! Driving games are awful without analog triggers.

I always remap accel and brake to the right analogue stick.

Got my cheapo Stadia premiere edition. Lovely high-quality packaging, hardware feels good. Manufacture date September 2019, so they aren’t exactly flying off the shelves.

$22 for a PC gamepad is very reasonable for this hardware.

New with pro soon:

• Bloodstained Ritual of Night
  • Darkside Detective 2
  • Darksiders 3
  • DreamWorks Dragons: Dawn of the New Riders
  • Shantae Risky Revenge

This guy simps for the Intellivision Amico too. Doomed platforms on 3 fronts.

Is that Zune? I don’t recognize it.

Looks like you do recognize it!

Ha, I looked at it sideways a little and said “Maybe that’s a Z?”

Well, there’s certainly a lot of canvas. Is that Angry Joe?

That man needs some sun.

And an iPod.

It’s like the best scene in GOG

Google is trying to salvage the underlying technology, which is capable of broadcasting high-definition games over the cloud with low latency, shopping the technology to partners under a new name: Google Stream. (Stadia was known in development as “Project Stream.”)

The Stadia consumer platform, meanwhile, has been deprioritized within Google, insiders said, with a reduced interest in negotiating blockbuster third-party titles. The focus of leadership is now on securing business deals for Stream, people involved in those conversations said. The changes demonstrate a strategic shift in how Google, which has invested heavily in cloud services, sees its gaming ambitions.

Peloton just streams video, doesn’t it? Does it need to be low-latency and realtime like games?