Stadium Food

I’m doing a little research on the kind of unique foods they serve at pro sports games around the country. For example, at a Packers or Bears game you would expect to find Brats and Polish sausage. At a Jags game you could get gatorbites and a Chiefs game you can get a BBQ beef sandwich.

Anyone else have any favorite regional food they get at games, or they don’t get but would like to see at their local stadium?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Eh … nothing special down here in San Diego.
The cleverest thing we’ve ever done was put ice cream in a little plastic team cup … But I’m sure a lot of places do that.

Philly Cheesesteaks and Philly Soft Pretzels at hockey, basketball and football games at The Vet and the First Union Center.

–Dave

Sushi at a Seattle Mariner’s game. Fried calamari which gave a couple of us a ‘wittle’ tummy ache.

There they also had “Down South” Barbecue. I am from the south, I am good friends with 10 different styles of 'Cue in this area, and that, sir, was some shiity Bar-B-Q.

Heh, I’m starting to really worry about the superficial fluff EA might be asking you to include in next year’s Madden…

Here’s one for Lambeau. Fried Cheese Curds.

Pretty standard stuff at PacBell park in SF, although the garlic fries are more garlic than fries sometimes.

• Alan

There was an episode of the Food Network’s FoodNation with Bobby Flay on this exact topic. I think they sell videos of their shows.

At Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh several years ago, and I assume that it’s still true of the new Pittsburgh stadiums, they had these huge sandwiches where they actually put the fries in the sandwich itself. At first sight it was kind of offputting, but I have to admit it tasted pretty good, (and it was a convenient way to eat with a beer in one hand :wink: ).

However, easily the best food I ever had at a ball game was Boog’s Barbecue (as in former Oriole Boog Powell) at Camden Yards in Baltimore.

However, easily the best food I ever had at a ball game was Boog’s Barbecue (as in former Oriole Boog Powell) at Camden Yards in Baltimore.

You don’t even have to go to Camden Yards to get it. They’ve got Boog’s in Ocean City, Maryland. http://www.ocpierrides.com/fx/pic01.jpg

–Dave

Dodger Dogs. They are overrated, but at least they are grilled instead of being steamed. Dodger Stadium also has some L.A. kind of stuff, like California Pizza Kitchen, sushi, and vegetarian food. There are Krispy Kreme stands now, too, but I figure other stadiums have those. The beer from the tap is reduced alcohol (shhh, big secret) but you can buy bottles of import and Sam Adams (they open the bottle and pour it into a cup - they ain’t handing out glass bottles to throw).

Whadda know, I checked the website, and it has a full list of the concession stands (in addition to all of the usual peanuts, malts, etc.):

Field Level: Domino’s Pizza, Carl’s Jr., Frozen Yogurt, Soft Serve Ice Cream, Jody Maroni’s, Gordon Biersch, Subway, Krispy Kreme, Wetzel’s Pretzels

Loge Level: Domino’s Pizza, Carl’s Jr., Frozen Yogurt, Soft Serve Ice Cream, Jody Maroni’s, Subway, Krispy Kreme, Wetzel’s Pretzels

Club Level: Dodger Dog stand, Subway, Wetzel’s Pretzels, Krispy Kreme, Domino’s Pizza

Reserved Level: Domino’s Pizza, Carl’s Jr., Frozen Yogurt, Soft Serve Ice Cream, Jody Maroni’s, King Taco, Subway, Krispy Kreme, Wetzel’s Pretzels

Top Deck: Domino’s Pizza, Carl’s Jr., Frozen Yogurt, Subway, Krispy Kreme

Pavilions: Dodger Dog Stands, Subway, Krispy Kreme

Dodger Dog stands can also be found at various locations of the Field, Loge, Club, Reserve and Top Deck levels of the stadium

Wait, I heard they do fish tacos at Qualcomm. Is that true?

I’ll agree with that. But I recall getting some tortellini at PacBell last year. I’m pretty sure that’s still there and I haven’t seen it anywhere else.

What makes you think this is a Madden task? I may be doing this in my spare time.

Now…what would a cheese curds texture map look like…

Stupid question: They don’t sell Scrapple at the games do they? That would definitely be a Northeastern delicacy.

The stone resource in Age of Kings. Only yellow. And they squeak on your teeth (the curds, not the stone from AOK). But they don’t squeak when they’re fried (both the curds and the stone from AOK).