Stalker: Call of Pripyat: It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Bullet Buzzard!

Title Stalker: Call of Pripyat: It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Bullet Buzzard!
Author DoomMunky
Posted in Game diaries
When April 11, 2011

After looting the bodies of a camp full of bandits, I had a lot of ammo and other goodies. But after getting seriously sidetracked by other quests on my way home, I end up back at the trader camp and find I have next to no ammo for any of my effective weapons..

Read the full article

Hey, I know that house of burnination up top. *shudder*

I'm up to the second area, really loving it so far. I think I'm coming up against a difficulty spike though, as I never found the tools in the first area and I suspect my weapons are underpowered. Still, being underpowered and freaked out is what Stalker is all about, so I'm in a good place. ;)

Dude, you NEED those tools.

If you don't want to know about tools don't read below (but don't worry I won't give locations, just general info about them):

There are three types: rough, fine, and calibration. There's only two of each, and you need to give the mechanic the lower ones before he can use higher ones. There's no skipping steps.

Be careful who you give them to, also. If you don't find them all, you won't be able to get all the upgrades from all of the mechanics, so you might be stuck traveling back to an old area every time you want to upgrade.

Random Stalkers sometimes give hints about where they might be if you talk to them.
Oh, and there can be more than one set of tools in an area.