Stalker: Call of Pripyat

Well, I think I definitely know what I want out of a STALKER game at this point. :) Less-costly guides should be a perfect medium.

Actually if they redo the side quests it might not matter, since you won’t feel OCD to go all the way back to the Clear Sky base to pick up the 1000 credits for the boar ear you found.

Point and laugh, the last trailer of Stalker CoP is pretty bad

Word is that Gsc is also not happy with the marketing efforts of the new distributor.

it was ok to me but I have played the first 2 games. If I hadn’t I would not have understood a thing I was seeing. I thought this was coming in Aug/Sept not November. Oh well. My plate is full now anyway.

Marketing efforts of the new distributor? WHAT marketing efforts?

I loved the first STALKER, somewhat liked Clear Sky, and I’m really looking forward to the promises they’ve made for Call of Pripyat. Now they haven’t said much of anything about the game for what seems like months…is there stuff I’ve missed?

And I’m still really skeptical of a 2009 release at this point…

Haha you weren’t kidding. That trailer is a riot. Makes it look like a cheap piece of shit Russian shovelware game or something.

I noticed half the in-game shots had lightning strikes, which make the textures look overly shiny unless it’s used intermittently (like in the game). The best part of the engine is the subdued gritty look it has compared to all the other engines out there so they did a poor job capturing uh… how nice it is to enjoy the postapocalyptic atmosphere. :)

Yeah that was one of the worst trailers I have ever seen.Their SoC trailer from 2003 is miles better than this.
And I have no idea why would they go with such a small distributor?

What happened to the last one, bankrupt or they didn’t like the reception? Maybe GSC wants a bigger cut or something. For all their huge global releases they still act like a new startup sometimes; in other words, what did they expect from these guys?

Oh and I was thinking October for the game. Really didn’t want to wait until November.

Woof! That’s bad. Bad all over.

Deep Silver hardly went bankrupt, they will be releasing Risen in a while.

I have no idea why would they go for THQ, then DS and now these guys.From big to medium to small.Doesn’t sound too good.

I look forward to the article detailing the collapse of another great gaming company with the business acumen of a small turnip.

Is this about priapism?

ARE YOU READY FOR GUN ACTION?
HOW ABOUT APOCALYPTIC RADIATION GAMEPLAY?
GET ALL THE BULLETS IN YOUR INVENTORY SCREEN EXCITEMENT.
RAINING NOW ON THE PC

thats so bad it becomes good again. like they are aiming at the ‘cult classic’ status intentionally

Ok, a better trailer here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgZN3n4wT3o

Better. But it doesn’t tell me anything about the game. Other then that it’s pretty.
And the small bit showing the Predator killing a shaved pitbul (in a single blow!) was just weird. What was that about? Was the Predator an ally or…?

Is there anything to distinguish this from the other two? Look nice, but I’ve struggled through it twice already. I think that means I’ve overcome the series’/my main failing - complete ability to tell what the hell is going on - so does this offer anything new…?

Actually I was kind of groaning looking at all the new maps in that trailer because I could only picture having to shoot about a thousand bad guys in them.

I think the real hope of this one is they will combine the lessons learned from the first two, though perhaps at the expense of what made each one unique.

When their boss announced at the GC that they have taken over the Sacred IP and are working on Sacred 3, he said Koch Media (the company behind the Deep Silver label) expects an 18% revenue groth this year, to 300+M EUR.
So yes, it seems they are doing fine.

I have no idea why would they go for THQ, then DS and now these guys.From big to medium to small.Doesn’t sound too good.
This looks as if they were shown the door, first by THQ and now by DS.

And there is yet another new trailer featuring what appears to be an irradiated dwarf wizard.

They still haven’t figured out that a multiplayer coop version of Stalker would sell like hotcakes, I see.