Star Ruler 2

Yep, it has a similarish base idea because, like me, they’re drawing a lot of inspiration from the Arkham Horror boardgame. Like World of Horror, though, theirs is mostly concerned with ‘stopping a singular God from rising’ and the game ends if the God emerges and that’s where on the road we’d diverge before getting into setting differences, mechanics, and gameloop. I’m reading from their gameplay that they’re doing a few tweaks but nothing too major to Arkham Horror’s mechanics and ideas where I’m making big departures. I was curious to see where they were going and how directly we were going to compete but, now that I’ve gotten to see and hear some actual play from it I can rest much more easy. At best, these two games could be called ‘siblings’ (‘cousins’ probably will fit better) but they’re definitely not twins.

Anywho, if we wanna talk about that game then I should just make a new thread for it so we don’t keep this one off-topic. To Ash and Ember [Horror Investigation RPG] by The Forgotten Workshop