Star Trek Discovery (2017)

Don’t miss the part where Akiva Goldsman is coming onboard to help out.

Yes, I guess it’s more correctly, “Bad news for fans of Star Trek.”

Bad news for Star Trek fans as well. This cant possibly bode well for the series, at the very least it has to force a delay.

Fuck.

Well, we’ll always have TNG, I suppose.

Akiva Goldsman? Ah, God, I hate that guy!* Well, I’m out. Time to start pining again for jms’ B5 reboot, which was delayed because of his eye surgery and not because it’s a pipe dream.

*well, I hate his work. His writing was bad enough, and then Winter’s Tale proved he was a shitty director too. He might be just fine as a human being.

Yup, I’m out too. If the season is well regarded I’ll catch up eventually, but I’m certainly not going to be there on day one.

You mean Akiva “LOST IN SPACE” Goldsman? What could possibly go wrong???

Oh

CBS already delayed the series once from January. Them being not willing to do it again because of Fuller’s other commitments led to this.

He’s still done work on the series and will be involved just not day to day. Just have to wait and see

I thought the line about Akiva Goldsman’s participation in the post above was a joke, loool. Wow, I’m out already, despite initially really looking forward to this - just shaping up to be a trainwreck. Hope it can steer itself back on track, with with Goldsman’s involvement there is no chance of that.

Unfortunately casting news is starting to come out and headlines always blare it all over Yahoo and other sites. I guess if I want to head into the new series without knowing the cast, it’s going to take some serious effort on my part, a changing of habits. And that’s probably not worth it. So as judge says on TV shows: I’ll allow it.

Yeah, that’s an interesting choice.

I think she has to be the admiral. The lead is supposed to be a lieutenant commander, and she doesn’t fit that at all.

It could be a Guinan-like wise older person role too. Or an alien.

Are we really not talking about the identity of this person? I’ll never understand spoilers.

Feel free to talk about it. People who want to avoid casting and pre-production/release hype are free to avoid the thread. I don’t know who it is yet, so I can’t share.

Yeah, this is dumb. If you’re so sensitive to spoilers that the rumor of casting is upsetting, then you probably shouldn’t be reading a thread about the show during pre-production.

I’ll kick it off.

I assume Yeoh is going to be an admiral or mentor alien, but it would be very awesome if she were just a more mature crew member.

We are not saying that. I said the opposite. I assumed everyone was as inundated with the news as I was so I didn’t need to mention it, that’s all. It’s Michelle Yeoh!

All right, I got confused. People can be touchy about spoilers, I didn’t want to step on any land mines.

There’s gonna be landmines in this?? YOU SON OF A BITCH SPOILER-SPOILER