Star Trek Discovery (2017)

Yep. They’re still casting. And obviously haven’t started shooting yet. So it will be a while. Maybe @Woolen_horde should change the thread title to coming soon or something, just to be very vague about it. :)

That’s a good list. Though I agree with the writer that after the first three seasons you should abandon the list and just watch all the episodes after that (starting in season four).

Thanks @baren this list looks like exactly what I wanted!

Thanks for posting this, interesting read.

Delayed again, but actually starting production finally.

Also, Sarek is the first character confirmed from one of the other shows to be part of this one.

James Frain as Sarek? That seems like a solid choice.

Maybe if they delay it enough, Fuller comes back! Heh, aww, I made myself sad.

Fuuuuuck. When I saw “Sarek” my brain jumped to “Garak” (ds9 “spy”). I was both confused and elated for one brief moment.

Production has finally started.

Someone made a 3D print of the ship based on the spinning wireframe in one of the promo shots.

That seems to be similar to one of John Eaves’ old designs:

Huh, the print looks a lot more like the Reliant than the CG image did.

The only thing I’m not clear on is which ship is the main one on the show? It’s still that one with the triangular body, right? The video still has images of that ship too.

That may not be The Discovery - they still show something similar to the CG image (briefly) in the preview - here:

Where’d you see that? I’d love to see if the files to print that are available.

I’m printing the Discovery right now.

(Also, I changed my backup gamertag to NCC1031 on Xbox Live, in case the show doesn’t suck. ;-)

Imgur from Reddit

Jason Isaacs and Mary Wiseman.

Oh cool, I like Jason Isaacs. Hopefully he has better luck with the Discovery than he did with the Event Horizon.

Jason Isaacs is a solid actor. “Captain Lorca” sounds weird though.

Every time I hear that name I will think of him as a whale.

Apropos of nothing, it puts me in mind of the awesome song “Lorca’s Novena” by the Pogues.