Star Trek Discovery (2017)

So this Star Trek series will have Jedi huh? Pretty cool!

I guess they’re trying to copy the sexy desert look from the “Planet of Galactic Peace” in Star Trek V?

LOL that was my first thought. Look! Its Federation Jedi on Tatooine!

I guess Ad Age got a peek.

https://twitter.com/adage/status/864943278453665792

That screen looks like Mass Effect

New trailer.

So am I alone in hating the look of the bridge and the uniforms?

:(

The Orville has better looking crew uniforms, and a better looking (less flashy) bridge.

I watched it on my phone, no real opinion yet because everything was tiny.

A couple thoughts:

The CGI looks straight out of those indie Star Trek films that have been coming out for the last couple years.

I couldn’t get a good look at the Klingon’s faces, but they looked like orcs on my phone.

The uniforms reminded me too much of Bacula’s Enterprise.

But all this may change when I get a better look on a bigger screen.

Are those Klingons? Why do they look like that?

Edit: Here’s a non-region locked link

I mean, I sort of understand CBS’ position. If this supposed to be right around the time of The Cage, (10 years before the old show) then things should look janky and lame including Klingons that look like pirate Mongols. But, JJ’s Star Trek messed that up for them by showing Kirk’s dad on his ship with all the new-fangled CG goodness. So, even if this isn’t technically a “Kelvin Timeline” setting, visually that’s what they’re going for.

Still confusing as heck to see Klingons all JJ’ed up.

I’ll take what I can get. JJ gave 10 fucking seconds of Klingons.

These could look like BeBop and Rocksteady for all I care.

I don’t give a damn about visual continuity, I want things to look awesome. If the new Alien movie still had monochrome crt’s and blinking lights on every surface, that would be weird.

These two sentences contradict each other.

What do you mean? The new Alien movie still predates the first movie, like Prometheus did. Also like Prometheus, it appears to have much fancier tech.

Bolding for emphasis.

So my statement is contradictory because you have a 70s fetish?

Sadly that’s the first thing that jumped out at me. That and also things DIDN’T look awesome.

Ah, well if your argument then is that this doesn’t look awesome, I get that. I just don’t want them adhering to 60s era f/x because … reasons, I guess.