Star Trek Discovery (2017)

SeanBean.jpg

I mean I wasn’t gonna watch anyhow, considering I’ll be in India at that time, but I can’t wait to see what Sir Foot in Mouth says once the backlash really rolls in.

Which reminds me, I need to get started on that Star Trek/Event Horizon fanfic while the iron is hot.

I guess I’m not a “die-hard Trek fan”

To be fair, Issacs is not the one who threw down the gauntlet. “Fans” have been bitchin and moanin and deriding the show since the thing was announced. There is nothing they could have done that would not get this reaction, so good for him, throw that shit right back in their faces. Entitled little prats.

Well, they could have put together a show that didn’t look terrible in every way. But that’s crazy talk.

Thanks. We love you too.

IMG_0454

It’s 'cause he’s a Pratt. You see what I did there?

I would expect nothing less from someone who killed the Moon…

New promo.

I disliked it less than the last one. So that’s something.

You could make a bass drop drinking game out of that trailer.

Klingon teaser:

…because we seem to have been totally retconned in a very stupid manner.

#fanboyrage

Is it though? The big differences in the look of Klingons was never adequately explained other than, “we don’t like to talk about it”, so is really any explanation good enough?

— Alan

I was at the Las Vegas Star Trek con in early August. We had a booth there for our Star Trek Cruise. I talked to a lot of the attendees. One told me that there are something like 24 Klingon clans in Discovery, including some who have bred with other races. To be generous, perhaps the new Klingons we are seeing are from a clan that later got wiped out? Maybe there’s going to be some focus on the Klingons with their own storyline in Discovery, with clans vying for control and some seeing the benefits of allying with the Federation?

The whole flaw with this look is the series takes place in the main ST universe and its before all of them besides Enterprise and these ones look like nothing of the future ones in the other series so it’s just plain fucked up. Just no logic behind it at all…

Pretty much.

Or the ones in the past.

They would’ve been better off with an alternate universe. Among a hundred other things.

No you see, these are Cling’awnz. Totally separate race from Klingons.

[4th Grader joke] Are those the ones that hang around Uranus? :P