Star Trek Discovery (2017)

Apparently beard-trimming technology was lost in the Eugenics Wars.

I liked the Tilly Short Trek. Had some story nitpicks (um, okay, Tilly, you’re kicked out of the Command program for not following regulations and calling “Intruder Alert”), not to mention unauthorized use of a transporter, but overall it was a cute story, I love her character even though it’s because she’s a Mary Sue for us fans in a lot of ways, and it definitely felt more TNG than DarkTrek.

Speaking of Tilly, with Mirror Georgiou running around it would be redundant for now, but I’d love it if around Season 6 we find out that Captain Tilly survived, and she’s pissed. Be fun to see her try to pretend to be Ensign Tilly.

I guess this is more CBS Online news than specifically Discovery related, but looks less a new animated Star Trek is getting teed up:

That sounds really cool. An animated comedy called Lower decks sounds like it should be a hoot.

I am going to fall into the camp that argues : Enough with the prequels. Let’s move the story along.

Yep. Me too.

That’s what the Picard series is.

Looks like they’re just going all out across the board. Past, Present, Future, comedy, drama, live-action, animated, shorts, regular length, mini-series, regular series, medium series.

I know I’ll probably get over-saturated, but I’m loving this news so far. I love the idea of being over-saturated with Trek again.

I think I’ve been pushed over the edge into subbing CBS All Access with this. I figure $5.99 will be worth it for three different Trek series.

I think thats called the shotgun approach! Shoot off a shitload of stuff & see what hits a target.

Since when did it drop to $5.99/month?

I think that’s the version with (“limited”) commercials. When I got it for a month, I went with the $10 version with no commercials. I personally think not having to watch commercials is worth the extra $4.

CBS = Continuously Broadcasting Startrek

The comedy series does sound intriguing. I wish they could do it with TOS characters and voice-acting sound-alikes.

Yeah, $5.99 allows commercials. I’ve been tuning those out mentally my whole life, it’s not worth another few bucks to drop them.

I don’t really know where to put this - sounds a little sketchy but more Michelle Yeoh can’t be a bad thing?

Are there enough studios out there to make all these spinoffs? Disney seems able to do this with Star Wars and Marvel, but CBS could end up like DC: i.e. with a bunch of flops.

Just need to keep getting Netflix to pay for International rights and they will have plenty of cash.

But DC had cash too…

I noticed this was available to purchase on itunes now, at $34.99 for the season. Which is cool, since I don’t need to sign up for the CBS streaming service.

The season isn’t that long, and CBS All Access is $5.99/month … just saying.

When does season 2 start?