Star Trek Lower Decks

Doesn’t look like it; FS is ShadowMachine/Jam-Filled, while LD is Titmouse. It is eerily reminiscent though!

That list is all so aggressively stupid I don’t think it makes sense to blame nerds for it.

Star Wars has #BabyYoda. Star Trek needs #BabyData.

I agree with this, actually. The Trek world on its own terms isn’t a joke, and anyway it has sufficient scope for humor within its ‘normal’ style (e.g. I, Mudd, Trouble With Tribbles).

That said, I think the '09 reboot kinda killed Trek anyway, so it’s all gravy to me.

No, blame the TNG writers who made the episodes that make half of those sound believable. :)

Yup. “Data’s sketch comedy show” and “Geordie hotrods the Enterprise to travel across the galaxy” are both all too plausible.

The nu-Trek films have a pretty good cast, even if I’m not a fan of Abrams’ movies.

PS. Zoe Saldana is my waifu.

Yeah, they’d never do a stupid subplot about Data wanting to do a comedy show. Pardon me for not remembering TREK IS SERIOUS.

And they certainly never souped up the Enterprise to travel across the galaxy at Warp 11 through the Galactic Barrier all the way back in TOS or anything.

Who in this thread is claiming that? That’d be a pretty stupid thing to argue.

I’d welcome a show that doubled down on Trek style light humor. This looks unpleasant.

Exactly. Crass is just a very, very weird fit for the franchise.

Okay Ogre.

nerdshit

Good lord, y’all are being uptight. :)

Fun fact: Seinfeld, Day of Our Lives, and CSI take place in the same universe.

If this tone/humor was in Discovery, Picard, or Strange New Worlds, yeah, I’d be pissed and nerd-raging. But I’m happy to welcome a comedy show set in the same universe as the serious shows.

If you really think Lower Decks is canon and not satirical self deprecating comedy, you need a reality check. Like it, dont like it, it doesn’t matter but please stop with the “its ruining the Trek-verse!” BS.

There’s a link to the trailer on DailyMotion for those of us in Canada who can’t view the American link.

Are you guys reading a completely different thread than I’m reading? Who here is claiming it’s “ruining the Trek-verse?”

And here’s the other Star Trek animated show coming: Star Trek Prodigy

…will follow a group of rebellious teens who commandeer an old Starfleet ship and head off into the universe for adventure and more.

Good premise. Their journey can’t possible be more cushy than Voyager was.

So like an entire ship of Wesleys.