Star Trek Nemesis Movie

oops, this was in the wrong thread before… but I wanted to know if any trekkies were geeked up for this one? saw the trailer on tv… looked pretty cool.

etc

I’ll see it when it comes out, but it will have to be pretty darn good to atone for the last movie…

(And for the record, I’m not really a Trekker/ie/whatever…)

Is Captain Picard going to defeat the enemy by talking them to death? I couldn’t stand that aspect of Next Generation. I want my Star Trek captains to be making out with blue-skinned alien chicks, writhing on the ground in pain when injured, and beaming down to the trouble site with the entire contingent of the ship’s top officers to kick ass. Captain Picard is a nancy-boy!

From what I saw of the trailer they seem to be trying more and more to turn Picard into a Shatner “lets go kick their ass” type captain. I had to laugh at seeing the dune buggies though.

Not sure who decided to release this movie just a few days before The Two Towers. Talk about a recipe for getting slammed.

It looks to me like Paramount is just pinching off another Star Trek-themed loaf from its anus of action movies. Uuungh! Military movie. Uuungh! Spy movie. Uuungh! Star Trek movie. Shallow characters blow stuff up in between snippets of bad dialogue. Only the setting changes.

Maybe they’re going for the sci-fi portion of the “Well, Two Towers is sold out, what should we see instead?” crowd.

Preach on brother!

Captain Kirk (the thin version) forever!

Actually as a point of fact, there are no Star Trek Movies or series after Star Trek II. All else is some sort of Romular mind trick to deceive you into believing that their Star-Trek flavored Extruded Science Fiction Product is the real McCoy. Spock is dead, OK. And he never came back. And there was no dumb-ass whale rescue, search for God, or ludicrous Fat Kirk vs Wrinkled Caligula fight scene. IT NEVER HAPPENED!

Thank you, please drive through.

(I do however make an exception for that one with the Borg and the inventor of warp drive – that is some sort of leaked vision of the real Star Trek future/past, that made it past the Romulan mind-control censors. That one is OK)

Dan

The Next Generation and DS9 both had some excellent seasons. Voyager and Enterprise are both lame.

Preach on brother!

Captain Kirk (the thin version) forever!

Actually as a point of fact, there are no Star Trek Movies or series after Star Trek II. All else is some sort of Romular mind trick to deceive you into believing that their Star-Trek flavored Extruded Science Fiction Product is the real McCoy. Spock is dead, OK. And he never came back. And there was no dumb-ass whale rescue, search for God, or ludicrous Fat Kirk vs Wrinkled Caligula fight scene. IT NEVER HAPPENED!

Thank you, please drive through.

(I do however make an exception for that one with the Borg and the inventor of warp drive – that is some sort of leaked vision of the real Star Trek future/past, that made it past the Romulan mind-control censors. That one is OK)

Dan[/quote]

What about ST4, smarty man?

It may be possible that the vision of the goofy whale rescue is a true representation of the Star Trek universe. Some do believe this, and consider the Prophet Director Nimoy a true messenger of the Star Trek Gods.

There are others, however who consider this attempt to re-invent the greatness that is Start Trek as a romantic comedy to be the worst and most low sort of deception promulgated by the Great Unnamed Evil One (aka Majel Barret).

I myself believe that enlightenment ended with the Wrath of Khan. After the death of Spock, there is no more Star Trek.

(except maybe for that one good episode of TNG, Yesterday’s Enterprise - that one was OK :)

Dan

Completely agree on this one. I can’t believe that a civilization as advanced as Starfleet would rely on dune buggies that look like they were built in the 20th century. I suppose it might be worked into the story line if the away team is visiting a planet with a “low-tech” civilization. But I thought this part of the trailer looked really silly.

“Is Captain Picard going to defeat the enemy by talking them to death? I couldn’t stand that aspect of Next Generation. I want my Star Trek captains to be making out with blue-skinned alien chicks, writhing on the ground in pain when injured, and beaming down to the trouble site with the entire contingent of the ship’s top officers to kick ass. Captain Picard is a nancy-boy!”

Amen, brother!

The whole Nemesis premise sounds stupid to me. Though I’m glad to see the Romulans getting some screen time.

The whole Trek franchise is dying if not already dead. There’s just too much control by a few people so that many stories are written by those few people with the same ideas. Now, you won’t see the wholly different stories like the tense Corbomite Manuever to the completely science fiction Mirror, Mirror to the epic Space Seed to the extremely poignant Let that be your Last Battlefield to the light Trouble with Tribbles. They should let this franchise disappear for 5 years, then go back with a completely new creative team and I mean they need to start at the top.

“They should let this franchise disappear for 5 years, then go back with a completely new creative team and I mean they need to start at the top.”

Yeah, I agree. Five years might be a bit too long, but the franchise is sufering from severe over-exposure now.

The counter argument might be that it’s going to die anyway, so make hay while the sun is shining. I guess if I was Paramount I’d have trouble turning the spigot off for a couple of years.

The TNG movies have been pretty disappointing, but the actual series was just fine.

Unfortunately, that was the last series with Roddenberry’s influence, and you could see it; ST is just generic science fiction now. Example: Voyager’s sheer horridness.

Data is supposed to be badass in this movie. Aww yeah.

etc

The next one is an even numbered one, isn’t it?

• Alan

I thought the movie was entertaining, but I still would like to go back in time and kill the writer before he had a chance to be born. The whole premise was flawed as hell, they completely ruined the Borg for me, and Deana, even though drunk, still managed to stay completely clothed. /sigh

OK…not to pick on you, because I know LOTS of people share your sentiments, but…why? Am I the only person who thinks that she’s pretty skanky? :?

all the star trek: next chicks are hot, except dr. pulaski and Whoopi goldberg (i have a policy of never kissing someone who’s sucked on ted danson’s dick)

OK…not to pick on you, because I know LOTS of people share your sentiments, but…why? Am I the only person who thinks that she’s pretty skanky?

No, you’re not. Let’s hold a membership drive. Plus she’s like 55, guys, and looked dumpy even in her hey-dey in those intergalactic cheer-leading outfits.