Star Wars: Battlefront II is a great game from a certain point of view

Oh? Hm…

I want a demo

There was one, for 5 days in October.

Sounds like the Cuban missile crisis

Pretty well written. The best summary of the pros and cons of this game that I’ve read.

A few quibbles…

1). the really great cards can be crafted using parts, so it’s not that much of a grind to get the power ups you need. Super Yoda? 40 parts for feel the force, 40 parts for jedi mentor, and 40 parts for enduring presence. No problem. Yeah, I know that’s only level 1, but you’re on your way with that.

2). Bossk is awesome, actually.

General comments…

Is there anything more overpowered than the battle tanks on Kashyyyk? I am not that skilled a player, and racked up over 70 eliminations last night to a number 1 finish. Again: I suck. Or maybe I’m a battle tank savant, but I doubt it. The only real threat if you play it right is the Gunship. Someone skilled in the gunship can take out the battletank, but other than that, you can take out any dude hoisting a sentry gun before he hurts you much.

That’s the rub. The difference between a level one card and the level four can be huge. Keep in mind that this review was written before the last update that increased the daily login crate from 5 crafting parts to 15. Getting enough crafting material to go from getting a level one card all the way up to level four is a brutal grind even at 15 free parts a day.