Star Wars: Battlefront II is a great game from a certain point of view

You have a minority opinion, is all. Doesn’t mean you’re wrong, but most people don’t agree.

I mean I am sure some people liked the Battlefield Earth movie. Are they wrong?

You’d have to ask somebody who saw the movie, I can’t tell you. Certainly possible though.

Whether you want to see it or not, tells you everything you need to know about this process.

It actually tells me very little, because these are bunches of aggregated numbers which are themselves arbitrary symbols meant to represent a discrete numeric value assigned to someone’s completely subjective opinion. Just because you lump them together into one averaged figure doesn’t attach any more meaning to it in the least.

Well, get back to us when you’ve watched Battlefield Earth, then.

You have my word, you will be the first person I tell.

I was hoping this would end in a purchase of some $300 collector’s edition of ME:A just to prove how awful it is.

Is that the one that come with the little RC car? I was tempted.

john travolta battlefield earth

Needs more Dutch tilt.

lol, I cant really argue any specific point in that review… I didn’t hate it either. I guess I like party based RPGs especially scifi ones it only had to be mediocre for me to enjoy it…which I think this was…

I think I discovered the exact point of view you need for BF2 to look great:

Worst in the series is not the same things as “fundamentally flawed”. You’re moving the goalposts.

These things are subjective-- I get the feeling ME:A would have scored better if it wasn’t part of the ME series. Shamefully I still haven’t played it, although I purchased on release.

Dunkey said

With Mass Effect Andromeda, dumb shit takes center stage. To say that Bioware dropped the ball here, is to be a comedy man. The ball has fallen off of a fucking cliff into the center of an erupting volcano. On a tech level, the game has regressed five years back from the original Mass Effect, which came out in 2007, okay, things are fucked.

So, yeah.

Trenchant and incisive.

Well that settles it. Dunkey has spoken.

Well first of all, just because you think some dipshit nobody knows or cares about is an oracle on the mountaintop doesn’t necessarily make it so. And b, anyone who is actually saying the tech in Andromeda is regressed to five years prior to the first game either didn’t play both games or is straight up fucking lying. And why are we arguing about Mass Effect in a Star Wars thread? Oh yeah - fuck Star Wars.

I dunno man… have you watched the video? Have you seen both games? It’s pretty clear that Andromeda is a graphical mess of epic proportions for a 2017 game.

The idea is this

• Battlefront 2 was fucked because of corporate lootbox greed, which is sad because the gameplay was / is actually pretty great

• Mass Effect: Andromeda was fucked because the gameplay was busted