Star Wars Episode III Pictures

Um, major, MAJOR spoilers for Star Wars: Episode III here, along with a ton of pictures/vidcaps:
http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/

I mean BIG spoilers. Seriously. They don’t get bigger until you actually see the movie.

Yes, yes. Fuck Star Wars. But I dunno. It may have been selective in what it showed, but this stuff looks pretty dark and grim. Many duels and massacars. People die. My interest is piqued.

I know they’re only stills, but some of those CG shots make me wonder if CG hasn’t advanced enough since Ep. I for Lucas to do a Special Edition clean up job on Ep. I when he releases the whiz-bang-suck-even-more-money-from-the-fanbois version. Not that it would make Ep. I any better, but some of the CG shots in it really kinda suck in comparison to LotR.

Where’s Chewie? And that better be David Prowse in that Vader get-up. 8)

The one thing that I really don’t get – and this is pretty minor in the grand scale of how Lucas fucked up Star Wars with Eps I and II – is why Yoda and Obi-Wan don’t confront Sidious together. Sidious has just taken out four Jedi by himself, and, obviously, is the key to the whole Sith takeover. It makes no sense at all for Yoda and Obi-Wan to split up. It’s just a cheap plot device to get Obi-Wan and Anakin alone.

Keep in mind that the movie is still in post-production and a lot of those shots probably aren’t complete yet. They’ll look much different in the end product. Maybe not perfect, but not like the latest Star Wars PC game.

Hrm… maybe I phrased that wrong… What I’m trying to say is that it already looks pretty damn good, for example, this looks tons better than I remember the battle droids looking in Ep. I. Add further post-production polish (although I wonder how much more they’d polish that shot, that looks like a final render, and the film’s due in just a couple months), and Ep. I is going to start looking out of place with it’s pre-2000 CG.

Thanks for the link! Saved me 10$ in movie costs.

Dark Plagueis ?!?!?!

Just horrible.

Yep, looks like total shit. It’ll make millions.

What… Why? 6 wings? With nothing on them?

Kit Fisto. Seriously now.

I’m excited.

Fuck off.

Who is General Greivous?

He’s a general. And he’s grevious.

Resist these impulses you must. To madness and the dark side they will lead.

Alan Au! Alan Au!

Fuck Star Wars Episode III Pictures!

Dude, your interest being piqued will serve you as no shield as the suck begins to flow.

I’m going knowing that I’m going to hate it.

“Well how could they be jamming us if they don’t know… we’re coming?”

• Alan

Hrm… maybe I phrased that wrong… What I’m trying to say is that it already looks pretty damn good, for example, this looks tons better than I remember the battle droids looking in Ep. I. Add further post-production polish (although I wonder how much more they’d polish that shot, that looks like a final render, and the film’s due in just a couple months), and Ep. I is going to start looking out of place with it’s pre-2000 CG.[/quote]
Yes, it looks great. And then…someone starts reciting Lucas’ dialogue.

Anakin: I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.

Of course… it probably sounds worse when you quote it wrong.