Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

I’ll change the thread title when we get an official name for the movie.

Oh, and lest we forget, the announced cast thus far:

Daisy Ridley
Adam Driver
John Boyega
Oscar Isaac
Lupita Nyong’o
Kelly Marie Tran
Richard E. Grant
Joonas Suotamo
Domhnall Gleeson
Billie Lourd
Keri Russell
Naomi Ackie
Mark Hamill
Anthony Daniels
Billy Dee Williams
Carrie Fisher

I liked the “X” (as an unknown) before you corrected the typo to roman numeral “IX”, @telefrog. I was kind of seeing it as “Star Wars X” a la “American History X”. I got amped. Battle for the meaning of the Star Wars cosmology and mythos, maybe?!? JJ buries Rian!!?

Now I am just reminded that it’s just a tired old “IX” in the most expensive toy ads known to mankind…

Sad face…

I would watch a Star Wars History X.

Did we ever figure out if Last Jedi was Johnson’s fault or if the fatal flaw lies somewhere in the script or the larger Disney monolith?

Why can’t it be both?

/giphy “por que no los dos?”

So we’re just carrying the whole “boy did The Last Jedi ever suck” discussion over to this thread? All right, see you guys next December.

A MAN SNARKS

A SLAVE ANTICIPATES

/chain tattoo

Hey, far be it from me to get between a dude and his bitchery. I just don’t particularly feel the need to participate.

Episode 8 was great, can’t wait for 9.

I mean, it’s not like there’s a lot else to talk about except about how utterly and completely wrong @Djscman is.

After all your prior instigating!!!? Puhleeese!

What, just because I don’t hate the movie I don’t get to talk with the rest of you rage-o-holics?

See. Instigation language. You are very crafty, Dive to the Third Power…

Yep, completely agreed.

Well, we can all talk about how awesome Carrie Fisher’s performance will be.

That was sarcasm, by the way. I’m a mega Star Wars fan but I can’t comprehend why they are doing that.

Using existing footage, okay fine. Doing weird zombie CG shit, I’m not down with that.

I know they are saying they are using existing footage, but how is it possible that they have footage that they cut from Ep.8 that somehow magically works in the next movie? I guarantee some zombie CG shit and/or dumb body doubles shot from behind, and it’ll be terrible and off-putting.

Given my reaction to Tarkin/Leia so far, I’m sure I’ll hate it.