Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

Keri Russell and Richard E. Grant

Who do they play?

I linked to an article in some other Star Wars thread that there’s speculation that Grant will play Thrawn.

I’m just amazed there are still Star Wars fans. There hasn’t been a good SW movie with an original story for 38 years. The prequels tried to tell what might’ve been a good story, but were so ham-fisted in their execution the potential got lost. And TLJ left the current trilogy squarely facing the dead end of a dark alley. Great, they’re gonna use spare footage from ep vii and some CGI long enough to mishandle the last of the original movie’s main characters. Can’t wait to watch her die alone too.

Maybe because your post is full of opinions people disagree with rather than objective facts.

Oh man, the eight-haters shit this thread up fast, didn’t they?

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/lxk3zXIqb7Al.gif

In fairness, it is hard to talk about ix without bringing in where xiii left things.

Fine, we get it. You hate it all.

I’m just gonna go enjoy Rogue One again, wait for the new season of Clone Wars, enjoy my favorite board game, and get giddy if the Thrawn rumors are true, considering how well they handled him in Rebells.

But if you hate it all so much, including Return of the Jedi apparently, why not just mute this thread and ignore it then?

Reys parents!

Aw man, Rogue One is great. Let’s all take a moment to remember one of the best sci fi trailers of all time.

(someone is going to complain about the line but they are wrong and bad and should feel bad)

I enjoyed 1-8. Yeah, deal with it. I watched Phantom Menace on telly the other day and still enjoyed it even though was loads of stupid stuff. The one thing that did surprise me was when they repeated AOTC the following week was how my games look better than the SFX on the clone troopers, which at the time I were good enough for me to believe they could have been actors in suits, now its super ropey.

Last Order officer or commander of course. There’s no way he’s not one of the bad guys. All the bad guys are posh Brits.

Phantom Menace isn’t the surprising one to me. There’s some really great action sequences in there that are a lot of fun. The surprising one to me is Attack of the Clones. Unless you’re enjoying that on the same level as enjoying watching a Christopher Lambert movie, then it makes sense. If that’s the case, it’s even better with George Lucas’ commentary track on. He really thinks he made a great movie with romance and action in equal parts. It’s super funny.

Ahhh…the undoing of VIII begins…you go JJ!

Rian will cry blue milky tears into his pillow at night.

Star Wars IX: The Subversion of the Subverter

Yeah but you are treating it like it should be taken in the context of an adult film. I only watch Star Wars through my 14 year old lens. AOTC was city pursuits and rainy battles with Jango, sonic mines, droid army battles and crashing sphere ships, and a full on sabre battle and twirling Yoda. If you’ve lost your inner 14 year old’s lens then that’s a pity.

I mean, I can easily gain that lens back every time I watch Phantom Menace, but with AotC? Yeah, sorry, my inner 14 year old just cringes along with the adult me. :P

Those were good parts. I wish there was an edit that excised pretty much all the Anakin bits, like on Naboo, the weird droid factory, all the romance … yeah that might be a good movie.

“Sand…it gets into everything…”

See, everyone complains about child Anakin in Phantom Menace but he didn’t really bother me much. He hung out in the background and occasionally went “Yippee!” and then we would get back to other stuff. But mopey, teenage, moon-eyed Anakin in Clones, he was like nails on a chalkboard to me. And he and Natalie Portman may as well have been practicing smooching mannequins for all the chemistry they had.