Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

Will his character do smack? :)

May the Force be with you all everybody.

Not enough Klingons of British origin.

The important question is, how many hearts does his alien species have?

I guess we’re in for some good old spacey-wacey, wibbly-wobbly adventures?

I want Tom Baker. Rey, when I say run, run!

I mean, do you really want your expectations subverted again? Do you want Schindler’s Star Wars, this time?

Since it’s Abrams back in the director’s seat, I’m mainly expecting more lens flare. And maybe see the dark side totally triumph.

I thought that happened already.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cLym3yn-H3I/hqdefault.jpg

Episode VII had disappointing little lens flare.

Rogue One was awesome. I cried my ass off at the end. Yep, I’m a man .

Sorry, Kathleen Kennedy haters.

Woohoo!

She was responsible for green-lighting Last Jedi, so that means she’s awesome.

I’m amazed Disney hasn’t fired her yet. This is probably the greatest downturn of an established franchise in Hollywood history.

Cool, you’re insane.

To go from 2 billion to 380 million and financial loss with the most well-known franchise in the world in mere 4 years is a pretty big downturn, nothing insane about that. Hiring and firing directors on three of the four movies also doesn’t inspire particularly high confidence, so nothing insane there either.
But for now, she still made Iger more money than she lost, and has impressive track record pre-SW, so I’m not surprised they keep her on.

My guess is that nobody with any credibility as a brand manager wanted the job. There’s no upside to the job for an outsider. Success would be attributed to Kennedy’s prior decisions, failure would be the sole property of the new manager.

SW is going to have to bottom out before there’s an upside to taking the job. Who knew marginal competence was a guarantor of job security.

What’s insane is actually liking Last Jedi.

Man, she really kept her promise to treat the original characters with respect.