Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

A comic that I keep hearing quite a bit about.

A spin-off from Gillen’s Darth Vader run, it’s basically her and the supporting characters from that run in a new book. She’s an unethical archaeologist prone to taking unrealistic risks and using others for her own purposes, yet manages to be a sympathetic and fun character.

The first 2 Darth Vader volumes are on Kindle Unlimited if you have that. Dr. A is on the cover.

And the first DV volume is on Prime Reading. Damn near everyone has Prime, right?

TIL I’m insane if I enjoy things that are made for entertainment.

It just seems like a huge waste of time to continue following a thread where the only thing you ever want to post is rants about how the thing that thread is about are so absolutely terrible.

Why not just unfollow the thread?

Yup. And now there’s a positivity thread where those people need to be passive-aggressive shitlords, too. Ah, well.

The Song of Ice and Fire thread for the book series has a few posters who for years fairly routinely crap on the books whenever the thread is revived. It happens. I have at times found it annoying, but they’re every bit as much a member of Qt3 as anyone else and it’s their opinion (and they don’t appear to be crossing the line into trolling).

I’m interested in Ep 9 more out of curiosity over how JJ and his team can salvage the mess left to them by Rian’s epic fuckup. I used to love SW, but time and the prequels abated that quite a bit, and what was left in my inner boy was burned out by Disney and Kennedy’s ham-fisted handling of the franchise. But I’ll loosely follow Ep 9 news, which means as a person who hits the Qt3 forums every day means perusing threads like this one. If that makes me a passive-aggressive shitlord, if my initial post regarding my opinion on Kennedy’s continued abysmal curation of this film franchise makes me a troll, y’all need some perspective on how online opinioning works.

Shit, I should make a “Mosly ambivalent about Star Wars” thread now.

And yet somehow everyone except you is “whining.”

Is whining about others posting contrary/negative opinions the same as whining about being told you’re insane or a shitlord for posting those opinions? Gosh, how do these message boards work?

Jeez I dunno dude, those are more or less the same. You should be a lawyer or something.

No, they’re not. One is participating in the discussion by commenting on the subject. The other is whining because not everyone has similarly positive opinions on it and they’re X or Y or Z because of that difference and why do they have to post here, blah blah. Trust me, my comment on Kennedy’s continued employment was just a throwaway thought that occurred to me based on Solo’s dismal box office performance (when your principal actor has to come to you and suggest you watch dailies to learn that the two directors you helped hire are turning your expensive backstory on one of the main characters into slapstick and you fire them the very next day, you’re not managing the franchise particularly well) that I’m now regretting.

I’m just yankin’ your chain, man. I have a hard time believing Star Wars can inspire this depth of feeling.

Nah, the passive-aggressive shitlord comment was mostly aimed @Navaronegun. You don’t seem to have posted in that thread at all (from my super-quick scrolling back up through it). I’m sure he thinks he’s being funny, and that we’re all just taking it too seriously.

I mean, I’ve done this before myself, in the boardgaming threads. I hate Sentinels of the Multiverse and Battlestar Galactica. And for a while I’d mention that when they were brought up, and talk about why they are such terrible games. And then someone pointed out that all I was doing was shitting on other people’s good time. And so I stopped, because no one needs that. It’s just being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

If every time someone brings up Ep9 and your contribution boils down to “TLJ sucked, fuck Rian Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, and all of Star Wars”, well… we’ve heard it all before, and you’re bringing nothing new to the table.

That was honestly not my intent when I posted about Kennedy’s employment.

I’ll endeavor to stop ruining your childhood there. Quite honestly, I stopped posting here, and stopped tracking this. It’s not my bag.

Hopefully not too serious.

Oh, they will most likely just market his passing as well:

Here’s a pic my friend at work took from the top of our parking garage yesterday. I’m assuming this is from Episode IX but not 100% sure!

I can 100% assure you that is not.

Those are OG stormtrooper helmets. Not First Order.

Might be one of the spin off movies though, or even more likely the live action show spin offs.

You are correct! It’s The Mandalorian apparently.