Star Wars Episode VII - Wretched Hive of Rumor and Spoilers Thread

Veronica begs to differ.

Final scene courtesy of “Hey, don’t you wish you were watching this in 3D?”

Funny, I just got done listening to a podcast that described it as “Hey, we rented a helicopter!”

I’m not sure I believe you when you say you didn’t reference the previous 48 pages. You hit on pretty much everything.

(I’m kidding, I believe you. If you had actually gone through all 48 pages you would have already gone to the dark side and built a BETTER super weapon that can suck all the life from a movie by posting 48 pages… )

…and some people actually got mad at me when I said the thread was ridiculous at 27 pages.

Just a couple of things:

Poe took off his jacket when he got in the Tie Fighter
Rey is essentially learning the force from Kylo and Maz
Kylo is badly injured by the bowcaster in the final duel and is also emotionally conflicted from killing his father
Rey is shown to be proficient with melee combat right form the start of the movie.

Welp:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-to-open-december-15-2017

Dang, even after trumpeting the original date being Episode IV’s anniversary.

Maybe they just don’t want to mess with the winning formula. December obviously worked super well for them this time around, so they’re going to stick with it. While a lot of summer movies obviously hit it big, it’s harder to pull a long, dominating run given the volume of new flicks.

This is nothing short of a minor miracle. I mean, some guy is even driving around with a giant spoiler on the back of his car!

As I saw someone else point out, Star Wars Episode 8, Avatar 2, and Ready Player One are now all launching within the same 2-week period.

If you mean the very last moment, sure, but if you mean the walk up the island steps, then that was actually pretty rough in 3D. Slow fades from an overhead shot at one depth to an overhead shot at another depth are super-disorienting.

Soooo…Episode 7 just got pushed to December 2017…motherfucker!!!

You mean Episode 8.

I guess we can just expect all of the SW films to hit at Christmas time from now on since they managed to make a ton of money off-summer. No point in rushing.

Think I missed it but also news around that Rogue One had a final script sprucing up from Christopher McQuarrie and had “saved” the movie. Yikes.

— Alan

Blargh.

I’m SOOOOO fine with this. Seriously, the more time, the better. Rogue One is Dec. 2016, FFS.

Moving Episode VIII makes sense. Marvel owns the summer, Star Wars owns Christmas. Win/Win.

I guess the new hotness movie release date makes up for my only getting 1 present each year.

Yup. They don’t want their own films clashing.

Clash… of the titans?

— Alan

Weird, I never saw any projections that it would beat Avatar.